Chapter 7

I was in the gym with Normani doing push-ups. It was something that we always did together. Normani ended up getting in a fight with a random kid just to get a two week suspension just to keep me company. Her initial punishment was going to be detention, but Mani made sure she beat up the boy Luis so bad that he ended up in the hospital.

"I think we're good for today" Normani said sprawled out on the floor.

"I'm all sweaty" I said turning over to sit down beside her.

"You're supposed to sweat it means you're actually doing some work" Normani said.

"But I'm going to the movies with Maia" I said.

"As in an actual movie theater?" Normani asked sitting up.

"Yes," I said.

"That's a big step. Are you sure you're ready for that? I thought we talked about taking it slow with her" Normani said.

"You talked about and I only nodded my head. I didn't agree to it" I said.

"Touché" Normani said.

"I like making her happy" I said.

"Do you know what movie you're going to see?" Normani asked.

"No," I said.

"Just make sure it's not some shitty ass chick flick. Ally forced me to go see the Age of Adeline and the only thing in that movie that made me sad was when the dog died" Normani said.

"Chick flick?" I asked.

"Yeah it's these movies that make girls cry. It actually works to show girls your sensitive side. I suggest watching the Avengers: Age of Ultron instead" Normani said.

"But we already saw it" I said.

"Maia doesn't know that. Trust me on this" Normani said winking at me.

"I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of Normani Kordei Hamilton's mouth" a familiar voice said from behind us and we both turned around.

"If it isn't Victoria Loren Kelly, you still owe me money" Normani said standing up.

"Who's Victoria? That's Tori" I said getting up also.

"Her name is Victoria, she just goes by Tori" Normani said.

"The only person that calls me Victoria is my mom and I still can't believe you remember that I owe you money" Tori said. "It was just twenty dollars"

"Hand it over Tori and it's actually sixty dollars now since I added an interest fee" Normani said.

Tori rolled her eyes and dug in her pocket and counted the money out in Normani's hand.

"You're such a hustler" Tori said.

"Yeah whatever you just think about that next time you borrow money from me" Normani said taking the money from Tori and then handing it to me.

"But it's yours" I said.

"Yeah and I'm giving it to you for your date tonight" Normani said.

"It's okay my dad will give me money" I said.

"I'm not taking no for an answer" Normani said forcing the money into my hand.

"Oh you and Maia are going on a date?" Tori asked.

"Yes," I said.

"That should be interesting" Tori said and Normani raised her eyebrows questioningly at Tori.

"Why do you care?" Normani asked.

"I don't" Tori said.

"You're lying" Normani said.