Chapter 13

My eyes fluttered open as the blinding light of the sun rays hit my face. I immediately realized that I wasn't home, but in an unfamiliar place.

"Nat, I think she's awake" a girl with brown eyes who was rather short said as she stared back at me nervously.

I sat up almost instantly and started to panic until I saw Natasha enter the room and handed me a bottle of water.

"It's okay Lauren" Natasha said.

"Where am I?" I asked taking the bottle of water from Natasha.

"Um... you're at my uh..." Natasha looked over at the brown eyes girl sitting down.

The shorter girl rolled her eyes. "I'm Natasha's girlfriend. My name is Elise" Elise said smiling at me.

"Yeah she's that" Natasha said.

"She's your special friend now?" I asked.

Natasha swallowed. "Something like that" Natasha said.

"Okay," I said.

Natasha looked over at Elise and Elise got up. "I guess I will leave you two to it then" Elise said walking out of the room.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" Natasha asked.

"Yes, it was my entire fault" I said.

"It wasn't your fault Lauren" Natasha said.

"But it was. Camz is hurt because of me" I said.

"Okay, stop whatever this is that you're doing right now. You're doing exactly what Camila wants you to do" Natasha said.

"I don't understand" I said.

"I called Dinah while you were sleeping and she told me when she found out that Camila was hit by a car that it wasn't a surprise to her. She told me that Camila wanted to get hit by your car. In a way the whole thing was planned. Although, she doesn't think that Camila expected to end up in a coma" Natasha said.

"I'm confused" I said opening my water bottle and then taking a drink from it.

Natasha sighed. "Lauren, I know you don't want to believe this but Camila is not a good person" Natasha said.

"But she is hurt and it is my fault" I said after removing the water bottle from my lips.

Natasha rubbed her temples in frustration. "This is the way she wants you to react and I know it might not make sense right now, but you can't give in to it. You're going to spend time with Maia until I try to figure everything out" Natasha said.

"But Maia is grounded" I said.

"Mani and I came up with a plan to get Maia's parents and brother out of the house the entire day. Just enjoy your time with Maia" Natasha said.

"Thank you" I said and then hugged Natasha.

*Lauren's Flashback*

My dad comes into my room as I'm playing video games. It's the summer before I go to sixth grade and since Normani had to go out of town to visit her mom, I was stuck by myself the entire summer. I would've spent time with Camila, but she was at some summer cheer camp thing.

"Lauren, can we talk?" my dad asked nervously as he sat down beside me.

"I was not bad" I said as I pause my game and gave my dad my full attention.

"No, it's nothing bad it's just something that your mom wanted me to talk to you about" my dad said.

"Is this about me and Camz?" I asked.