Chapter 3

As much as I wanted to drive, Camila insisted that she drove because she knew where we were going. I didn't argue with her because I didn't want to upset Camila. I stared out the window into the dark night as we passed by streetlight after streetlight.

"Why aren't you talking?" Camila asked.

"I don't know" I shrugged.

"Are you upset... with me?" Camila asked.

"No" I said quickly even though I knew it was a lie.

Camila sighed. "It would make me happy Lauren if you were honest with me" Camila said.

I started to fidget with my fingers. "A little but I'm just confused" I said.

"Confused about what?" Camila asked, as she turned a corner.

"You were drunk when you said those mean things to me" I said.

"What is your point Lauren?" Camila snapped, startling me.

"If you're--" I said.

"If?" Camila asked, cutting me off. "Do you think I would make being pregnant up?"

"No, Camz it's just that it doesn't seem right" I mumbled.

"What did I tell you about mumbling?" Camila asked angrily.

"I'm sorry" I said.

"Stop apologizing. Do you ever listen to anything that I say?" Camila snapped.

"Yes" I said.

"That wasn't a question" Camila said, as she pulled into a driveway.

"I didn't mean to upset you. I was just trying to understand" I said.

Camila put the car into park and then looked at me. "It's just you and me now Lauren. We can't doubt one another. We have to be on the same page for our child" Camila said.

"Okay" I said.

Camila rolled her eyes and cut off the engine. She got out of the car and walked up to the house. I wasn't sure what to do, so I got out and followed her. Camila knocked on the door and within seconds, Dinah opened the door looking rather exhausted.

"Camila, it's fucking three in the morning" Dinah said yawning.

"Can we stay here? We sort of ran away" Camila said.

"We?" Dinah asked, raising her eyebrows and then looked behind Camila and saw me.

I wasn't sure what to do, so I just waved and Dinah's eyes went wide.

"Don't start" Camila said.

"Have you lost your damn mind? People are looking for her. Ally just called me asking if I've seen Lauren" Dinah said.

"I couldn't let them take her away from me" Camila pleaded.

Dinah groaned. "Fine, get inside before someone sees you" Dinah said, moving out of the way so that Camila can go in.

"Come on Lolo" Camila said, reaching her hand out for mine and I took her hand almost immediately.

I followed Camila into Dinah's parents' house. Dinah closed her front door and told us to have a seat in the living room. Camila let go of my hand and I sat down on the couch.

"Can we talk in private?" Camila asked Dinah.

"I guess" Dinah said, exiting the room and Camila followed her.

I was bored not having anything to do, so I took the notebook that was sitting on the coffee table in front of me and grabbed the pen next to it. I opened the first page and saw that it was empty, so I started to draw. It wasn't long before I heard Camila and Dinah talking. They really need to learn how to whisper.