𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, reminders

❛ I'll always be here for you, Scarlett

I'll always be here for you, Scarlett. Always.

chapter forty four.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

A COUPLE DAYS LATER, The Sons returned from the run with Tig injured, Clay and Jax's relationship strained and everything slightly more messy than previously. Unsurprisingly, Scarlett managed perfectly fine in an home with just Abel for one night. She changed her own bandage, took her meds whilst also remembering how to care for a baby. The routines gave her a sense of independence and it also allowed her more time to settle down with Abel. Gemma and Neeta the nanny stopped by occasionally, but each time they were both pleasantly surprised by Scarlett's feats with the small boy.

This kind of domestic life took Scarlett pleasantly by surprise. She's still experiencing nightmares and occasional small panic attacks, but knowing that she'll be able to go and out and live a beautiful life with Jax, Abel and the rest of the Sons keeps her more than happy.

Scarlett scrapped her sling after only having it on for a total of ten hours. She spoke to Alex over the phone and he gave into her complaints and said she'd be able to function fine without it.

Now, she's leant against the skin with her hands in a warm soapy bowl of washing up whilst Jax cleans out the garage. She relaxes in the current feeling in the air. She's at peace in a happy home with a happy family. She hears the front door open and after refocusing her mind to the footsteps on the welcome mat, she concludes that Gemma's just arrived.

"Hey," Gemma greets, removing her sunglasses.

"Morning," Scarlett peers over her shoulder.

"Baby with Neeta?" She questions, heading straight for the coffee machine.

Scarlett removes her hands from the washing bowl and turns around, grabbing the towel to dry herself, "At the park."

"Jax?"

Nodding her head towards the back door, Scarlett answers, "Cleaning out the garage."

Slowly, Gemma slides down into a chair at the dining table. She grunts lowly as she makes contact with the woods before she drops her handbag onto the table. With narrowed eyes, Scarlett watches her carefully, catching onto her pained expression.

"You're still sore?" She asks, somewhat surprised that Gemma was feeling such immense pain that it's still hindering her movement so drastically.

Gemma purses her lips, "It's gettin' worse. I'm just so goddamn stiff."

"Maybe you should speak to Alex," Scarlett says, throwing the hand towel back onto the counter behind the sink, "He could get you a prescription."