𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆, good riddance

❛ If you're gonna beat this guy up, I'd like to be there to watch, thank you very much

If you're gonna beat this guy up,
I'd like to be there to watch,
thank you very much.

chapter twelve.

•◦ ◦•

       SCARLETT LIFTS Moby, Lowell Harlan's young son, up onto the bar. He fiddles with a small wrench whilst she drops down to the freezer. The Club hadn't wanted him away from the courtyard while Half-Sack did his sparring in preparing for his upcoming street brawl, so Gemma put Scarlett on kid distraction duty.

"What kind of ice pop you want, Moby?" She asks, glancing up at him and displaying the different choices, "There's strawberry, orange or lemon."

He kicks his legs back and forth beneath him as he thinks, his finger raising to tap at his chin and she chuckles at his expressions. Finally he decides, and gently places his wrench next to him before pointing to the red packet in her hand, "Strawberry," He requests quietly.

She smiles at him, carefully placing the other options back into the freezer before standing up again. She rips open the thin plastic wrapper and drops it into a trash can near her feet before handing it to him carefully, "Don't worry 'bout your hands getting sticky," She ruffles his hair, and he beams up at her happily.

Jax strides into the Clubhouse, his hands tapping rhythmically on his thighs and he grins when his gaze lands on Scarlett. He trudges over, patting Moby's knee gently, "You okay, bud?"

Moby mumbles a confirmation against his ice pop, his eyes crossing as he attempts to look at the melting ice whilst it's still in his mouth. Jax chuckles at him before averting his attention to Scarlett.

"Just thought I'd come see you real quick before I head off to the hospital," He rocks back and forth on his heels, "I spoke to Hale. Kohn should be outta here as soon as possible."

"Should?" She raises her brows.

"Will," He corrects himself, "You're gonna be fine now. No perverted fu. . ." He glances at Moby momentarily whilst Scarlett glares at him in a warning, "Sorry. No perverted idiots bothering you anymore."

Whilst her mind runs to the thought of her stupid father, she just nods slowly, but she's snapped back to reality when he lowers his head slightly so their eye to eye. She takes a breath, trying to ignore the concern slowly growing on his face, "Thank you, Jax," She smiles, "Seriously."

"It was the least I could do," He shrugs, "Really shoulda put my knife to better use, but I'm in enough shit with the law at the moment as it is."