𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆, fundraiser

❛ I ain't wrapped around no one's finger, especially not Scarlett's

I ain't wrapped around no one's finger, especially not Scarlett's.

chapter nine.

•◦ ◦•

WHILST SCARLETT does the egg toss with Ellie, Opie does it beside them with his son. Even while she's throwing an egg, Scarlett can tell something's messing with Ope. And judging by the way his eyes keep flicking around, she's guessing it's about Kyle Hobart, who Camille had told her was the reason why Opie ended up doing 5 years in Chino.

"Ope," Scarlett hisses.

His head snaps to her just as he throws the egg out of his hands, "Hm?"

"If you keep looking at him, you're gonna end up with egg all over you," She mutters, keeping a smile on her face and her eyes on Ellie whilst they continue tossing.

Opie grunts, "So you know about it then."

"Camille said something about it, yes," She hums, "But I don't think a charity fair in front of kids and families is the best place to get all worked up about the past."

"I know it isn't," He snarls.

"Then stop sulking, because, believe it or not, it's affecting your kids," She nods her head towards his son opposite him, who's tossing the egg between his own hands in boredom.

"You distracted me," Opie argues.

"Multi-tasking," Scarlett shows her egg to him before she throws it gently back to Ellie, "Men are never very good at it."

He shakes his head before turning his complete attention back to Kenny, "Hey, kid, go see if your mom's alright, I'll be there in a minute," He smiles gently as his sons sighs and runs off to find his mother, and then Opie looks back at Scarlett, "I'm off for a smoke."

"Of course you are," She tuts, putting a large smile across her cheeks as she throws the egg to Ellie again, "Come on, Els. We got this."

Under the Samcro stall, Jax sighs as he speaks with his mother, "Come on, mom. She just needs a job, she doesn't want any trouble. She ain't gonna affect you from behind the bar."

Gemma plants her hands on her hips as she scoffs, "And when did you all of a sudden start liking her again, hm? She's managed to get you wrapped around her finger already. Jax—"

"I ain't wrapped around no one's finger, especially not Scarlett's, mom," He grumbles, his hand rubbing at his beard, "All I'm asking is for you to give her the job. She needs it. I'm just trying to help out an old friend is all."