𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒘𝒐, new home

❛ God, you're gonna have to dress me everyday

God, you're gonna have to dress me everyday.

chapter forty two.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

THE NEXT DAY, Scarlett stares at the hospital ceiling with her lip pulled between her teeth and her hands fiddling in her lap. She hadn't got a blink of sleep last night despite Jax's presence comforting her. He'd snored his head off in the seat beside her and hearing him relaxed made her smile. This morning, the Dr. Moore had dragged him from the room to discuss some nonsense, leaving Scarlett alone to have a small breather before she's thrust into the waiting room where apparently the whole is Club waiting for her.

"Shit, sorry about that, babe," Jax apologises as he slides back into the room, noticing how she's staring blankly at the ceiling as if it's the only thing keeping her sane.

"It's fine," Scarlett looks at him before shuffling up in the bed slightly, using only her right arm to put weight onto as her left arm is now wrapped in a sling across her stomach. Alex believed using a sling would be a good way to keep her from moving it too much, "What did Alex have to say?"

"I can take you home," He edges closer to her and his hand raises to brush over her head before resting on her cheek.

Home. Camille's house? Scarlett's brows furrow, "Where is—"

"Mine," He answers her question before she can even finish it and he smiles down at her, "You're staying at mine now. Where I can keep you safe and take care of you. While you've been here, Cami's moved all your stuff into the house. That okay with you?"

Her eyes widen, "What about Wendy? Abel?"

He sighs gently at the mention of his ex-wife, "Wendy was put into her sober living a while ago, and Abel needs a mother. He adores you."

"I've hardly seen him," She raises her brows.

"I've told him stories about us," Jax explains with a smirk, "All the dumbass things we did when we were younger. He does those cute baby giggles."

She chuckles, imagining what the sweet noise sounds like, "Good thing he's too young to remember anything. Don't want him getting any bad ideas."

A knock rattles against the open door, annoying Alex's arrival as he enters. His hands are curled around the handles of a wheelchair and he smiles brightly at the woman opposite, "Ready to go?"

She looks between him and the chair beneath him before shaking her head and wagging her finger at him, "No. I'm not getting in that."