𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, not yet hers

❛ Just need to be with you

Just need to be with you.

chapter eighteen.

       AFTER JUMPING into a set of Jax's joggers, Scarlett trudges slowly down the club hallway, rubbing at her eyes and yawning. Jax had left her to speak with Ope about their plans for the following days, and Scarlett managed to get a few more hours of sleep.

She comes to the main room, her eyes rolling back into her head at the sight of every single biker asleep on the tables, chairs, bar and floor with drool and sweat covering them. She groans loudly, not caring if she wakes any of them. Her eyes scan over the messiest, her mind knowing she's gonna have to clean that up, "For fucks sake," She curses, turning her back to the horrific scene and entering the kitchen.

Yawning once more, she picks a mug up from the mess that's grown on the counter tops. She turns on her heel to head to the fridge, but she jumps slightly when she sees Gemma Teller propped up on a stool beside the sink.

"Morning," She mutters, a cigarette dangling between her fingers as she crosses her legs.

Scarlett's jaw sets as she rotated once more, giving up on her trip to the fridge as she spots the coffee pot, "Morning." She replies.

"I'm sorry about yesterday," Gemma sighs, as if she's being forced to apologise, "The whole stupid argument thing."

Scarlett snorts, "Jax speak to you?"

"Why'd you think that?" She steps off the stool, her heeled boots hitting the floor.

"You don't apologise to anyone, not even your own husband unless your precious son speaks to you about it," Scarlett doesn't bother to even look at her as she speaks, her hands working to make her coffee, telling Gemma that she's not arsed to have a conversation at the moment.

"Can I ask you a question?" Gemma slinks closer, her hand raising to rest on her hip as she stands against the counter where Scarlett's preparing her drink.

Scarlett's eyes flicker closed for a moment, "Another argument isn't needed right now. It's too early. Maybe later."

Gemma rolls her eyes, "Oh, not a fight. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on," She licks her lips in annoyance to what she's about to say, "You and Jax are obviously reconnected."

"We were never connected before," Scarlett glances at the older woman.

"You and I both know that's bullshit," Gemma attempts a soft chuckle, before she nods her head out of the kitchen and into the clubhouse, "You don't know what you and Jax are. And you're not one of them."