𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, jealous

❛ You're jealous of Wendy? ❜

You're jealous of Wendy?

chapter twenty three.

THE NEXT MORNING, Jax's worry about Scarlett's whereabouts was calmed down after Luke assured him that she was okay and well. Luke hadn't mentioned that his girlfriend and her best friend were at the Winston's house as seen as Camille had called him last night and made him promise not to tell Jax where Scarlett was so that their ladies night could remain unruined.

Jax rolls to a stop on the road outside the house, sliding off his bike as Opie leaves the house and clicks the door shut. Hanging his helmet on the handles, Jax trudges across the front lawn and meets his best friend in the middle with a large hug.

"Gonna make this right, bro," He promises.

Opie grunts, patting his back before pulling away, "Yeah. Look, you trying to push me off this thing that happened. I know you're just trying to. . . Trying to watch my back."

Jax nods with a short smile, before he motions towards the road, "Come on. They're all waiting." He turns on his heel to return to his bike.

Ope hums in agreement before saying, "Your girl's inside, by the way. Her and Jones stole my wife from me last night."

He comes to a sharp halt before he reaches his bike. He turns once more, looking at the living room window at the front of the house, not managing to spot any movement inside, "She's been ignoring me," He mutters.

Opie laughs, marching over to the truck and throwing his door open, "Wouldn't be the first time."

Scarlett stands the other side of the window, her arms folded over her chest as she peers through the near shut blinds at Jax. He sends the house one last look before jumping on his bike and leading the way back to the Club. She lets out a deep breath once he disappears from her view and she turns around on her heel. She's thankful he didn't force her into a conversation just yet.

A smile develops on her face as her eyes land on her two closest friends on the two double mattresses laid out on the living room floor. Camille's splayed like a starfish, while Donna's rolled into a small ball on the small part of remaining mattress. Both of them are snoring their heads off, their mouths wide open and eyes rolled back. Opie had attempted to kiss his wife goodbye before he left, unfortunately waking Scarlett up instead of Donna. She grunted roughly at him, kicking him gently so that she could spread out further on her own mattress and he muttered a small apology before leaving, which was when she heard Jax's voice.