𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, ex-wife problems

❛ I'm about to smack that smirk offyour goddamn face, Jackson

I'm about to smack that smirk off
your goddamn face, Jackson.

chapter twenty four.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

      JAX'S EYES SHOOT open, his mind breaking himself from the nightmare and instinctively his arms tighten around Scarlett, who's resting by his side with her arm draped over his waist whilst he's laid flat on his back. His gaze drops down to her and his hand raises to brush some of her hair away from her face. She shuffles slightly when his hand comes in contact with her skin and her eyelids flicker open to meet his eyes.

Yawning quietly, she lets a warm smile be pushed onto her lips as she studies his face, her own hand raising slightly to rest higher up his chest, "You okay?" She mumbles, noticing the slight unease in his eyes.

He nods gently, one of his palms running smoothly up and down her bicep, "Fine."

She stares at him for a moment longer before speaking once more, "Is Abel getting home today?"

"Should be," Jax confirms with a small grin of excitement, "You mind coming with me to the hospital to finalise everything?"

"Sure," Scarlett allows her tried eyes to close once more but she continues to speak, "Is Gemma setting the party up at the house?"

"I think so," Jax replies, "Why, you thinkin' 'bout helping her out?" Scarlett snorts, causing him to chuckle, as he expected that exact response. There was no way on earth she would chose to help out Gemma Teller.

Jax slips out from beneath her, being careful not to move her suddenly. He relaxes her down on the mattress, and watches for a moment as she pulls the duvet closer to her chest, yawning into the fabric. He lowers down over her, pecking a soft kiss to her cheek before glancing around his room for his clothes.

As he gets changed, he soon a notices Scarlett's eyes open and staring across the room at him with a small smile on her lip. He smirks back at her and shakes his head in disbelief jokingly.

"I'll see you later," He chuckles as he pulls open his dorm door, "Get some more sleep."

"Happily," She hums, squeezing her eyes closed once more and snuggling deeper into the bed, causing him to smile brightly. She was nice and comfortable in his bed.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

      A SHORT WHILE LATER at the hospital, Scarlett slips into Abel's room after a doctor exits with a clipboard close to her chest. Jax is looking down at his son, his finger dancing gently on his small blanketed chest until he notices Scarlett's presence and lifts his gaze to her.