𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, revealed lies

❛ Look

Look. . .at what you've done. . .to me.
Jax. . .would never.

chapter thirty eight.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

ACROSS CHARMING, Jax slides swiftly off his bike and marches up towards the small door leading into Caruso's studio. The blonde biker hadn't even bothered to wear his helmet while he rode, which was usually a must when it came to riding but this time he was too consumed by other emotions and focussed on Scarlett that he completely forgot.

Just as Jax's hand curls around the door handle of the porn studio, his phone begins to ring and vibrate in his pocket and he works quickly to pull it out and answering it immediately. A small part of him aches for it to be Scarlett on the other side, but instead a male voice calls his name.

Slowly, Jax turns around to face Chibs and Opie, who stand opposite with confused expressions as they wonder why he stopped his movements of entering Caruso's studio.

Spending a short moment to identify the man on the other side, Jax finally figures it out and he grinds out a greeting, "Moore, what do you want? I—"

At the other end of Charming, Alex Moore hides around a corner in the hospital with his small phone pressed against his ear as he speaks in a hushed tone to the biker, "I heard about Scarlett, and. . . I think there's something you should know," Alex swallows thickly, his heart feeling heavy as he thinks of Scarlett's predicament.

"Well, hurry up, doc," Jax snarls.

"I can't tell you ever the phone, it doesn't feel right," Alex sighs, glancing up and down the white corridors of the hospital to make sure no one has a chance to eavesdrop, "Come to the hospital and I'll meet you in my office."

"I don't have time to be running across town while Scarlett could be in trouble," Jax snaps harshly, glancing over his shoulder into Caruso's studio. He grinds his jaw before mumbling, "You better not waste my time, Moore."

Alex pushes out of the corner, "I won't," He lowers his phone from his ear and snaps it shut, hanging up on the blonde biker who's anxiety is growing minute by minute.

Chibs watches curiously as Jax shoves his phone back into his jeans pocket, "What was that, Jackie?"

"Alex Moore," Jax grinds out his name as he moves back towards his bike and throws his leg over the seat.

Opie's head tilts as he returns to his bike but keeping his eyes intently on his best friend, "The doctor?"

Jax nods, "He has something on Scarlett. Wants to speak to me at the hospital," He revs his bike, sending one last disgusted look towards Caruso's door, "Georgie will have to wait."