𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, all is forgotten

❛ Jesus christ, I love you

Jesus christ, I love you.

chapter forty three.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

    DESPITE IT BEING early evening when her and Jax settled down into his bed, wrapped in each others arms, Scarlett managed to sleep through until the very next morning. Thankfully, Jax had woken her up for five minutes during the night to change her bandage, knowing that she would end up drifting off and not waking up for hours.

The next morning, Jax lays beside Scarlett as she lays tucked into his side with her head resting on his outstretched arm. He looks down at her, silently admiring her features as she sleeps with her lips parted and a slight crease in her brows. He slowly moves his hand down, going towards her face to remove a small curl from in front of her face.

"I'm your daddy, girl!"

She cowers away from him as much as possible, his furious spit travelling across to mix with the blood staining her face.

"Ya hear me?"

Just as Jax's fingers gently skim her forehead, Scarlett eyes fly open and she shoots up in the bed, a loud gasp passing her lips as she begins to pant breathlessly.

"Woah, hey, hey," Jax quickly moves up beside her, his hand carefully spreading across the lower half of her back, but he keeps the contact to a minimal, not entirely sure if she'll be comfortable with anymore, "You're okay," He soothes, his thumb brushing up and down, "You're okay."

Appreciating his words, Scarlett's hand presses against her heart, and she feels the quick beats as her chest pumps up and down, "Fuck," She curses quietly, squeezing her eyes shut to calm herself slightly. Her hand drops to the bedsheets beside her and she curls the material between her fingers, reminding herself that she's no longer down there.

"Come 'ere," Jax says softly, shuffling slightly closer to her and pulling her into him so that her temple presses against his chest. One of his hand raises to cradle the back of her head and his fingers bury into her hair.

Scarlett allows her eyes to fall closed again as she basks in the comfortable silence wrapping around them and she focuses her mind on Jax's gentle and loving hands as they brush against her skin and cradle her head. She bites her lip and once she feels her body start to recover slightly, she peels her eyes open and looks out across the brightly lit bedroom.

She looks over at the window. Despite the blinds draped over the panes, bright light manages to push it's way inside, "What time is it?" She asks quietly, staying tucked close to him. It had been dark out when she got under the covers.