𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆, homecoming

❛ Just get me away from here

Just get me away from here.

chapter twenty five.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

      LATER THAT NIGHT, Scarlett sits on the kitchen counter at Jax's home whilst the small party sounds around her. Luke is sat on an armchair nearby, with his girlfriend perched on his lap. Tig is rested on the sofa with a random blonde chick hooked under his arm, and Chibs and Juice are bickering in the corner. Scarlett has a nearly empty beer bottle sandwiched between her legs whilst her finger taps anxiously on the counter beneath her. There's dozens of other people planted around the connected rooms in the bungalow, Scarlett can only recognise a few. She's sure she knew them all at some point.

"You doing okay, Scar?" Donna wanders over, with her husband following behind her like a lost dog, his hand constantly resting on her lower back.

Scarlett swallows before pushing a smile onto her face, "Great," her eyes drop to the two kids at their parent's legs, "Hey, you two. You two both doing okay?"

The two younger children nod rapidly up at her.

"How's your grandma's been? Your mom mentioned you've been staying up there more recently?" Scarlett tilts her head.

"It's so boring," Kenny complains.

"We only like her dogs," Ellie agrees, "We hope she dies soon."

Scarlett and Camille let out loud laughs whilst Opie ducks his head to hide his smirk and Luke squeezes his eyes shut to contain his laugh. Donna takes a deep breath before stepping forward and her hands rest on her children's heads before she points over to the refreshments table.

"Why don't you two go get something to drink before Jax arrives?" She asks, pushing them gently in the direction. She spins back around once they successfully reach the table, "Jesus christ."

Opie towers over her from directly behind, his hands landing on her shoulders and rubbing them gently as he smiles, "They'll be looked after tonight. You won't have to be chasing them around."

Camille hums, "Leave the men to do all the work tonight, Don. It'd make a nice change."

"Damn right 'bout that," Scarlett mutters.

"Now, now, ladies," Luke clicks his tongue, his hand patting Camille's thigh, "As seen as the child we are welcoming home tonight will grow to be a man, maybe it's not very on brand to rip apart his gender just yet."

Opie laughs at the unusual words, "Are you high?"

Camille rolls her eyes, "Him and Juice got high just before we got here."