35. Finally Over

Luke's Pov-

Luke's Pov-

The room is filled with the soft glow of candles, casting a warm, inviting light over the couch, where our bodies lie intertwined. Sitting on the couch, my back against the armrest and legs stretched out in front of me. I've been stroking Zander's hair for the past fifteen minutes. He lays on top of me, his head resting on my chest, sound asleep.

There is warmth radiating off of him. I gently caress his cheek with the back of my hand. It's clear that we're both in sync, both physically and emotionally.

As the silence of the room continues, the only sounds are is the soft, quite music playing and the gentle occasional snore from Zander. Only sometimes the couch creaks, but that's when we both move ever so slightly. The peaceful atmosphere is almost tangible, and it's a reminder of just how lucky we are to have found each other, to have found a love that runs so deep and true.

I continue to stroke his hair, but with the other hand I reach for the remote. I mute it before turning it on to not wake the sleeping beauty. There were adverts on almost every channel apart from the news channel. Maybe something interesting had happened, so I turned it on. Not expecting much I closed my eyes for a brief second. Opening them up to a screen full of vibrant red and blue flashes coming from cop cars.

An officer with the name of 'Mason Mercer' speaks. But I just read the subtitles that are popping up.

They had solved the case they had been working for years. As the camera pans around if shows all the missing people reuniting with their families. I look Jake's blond hair because I knew he worked on this case. He said it himself a few days ago. I eventually found him and he was a sobbing mess, whilst hugging a shorter person.

He had dark red hair and looked quite a lot like.

No. Wait is that really Drew?!

I smiled widly and felt myself being on the verge of shredding a tear for Jake's happiness. I couldn't believe that Drew has finally been found along with the others. They both were crying hard and were pressed up against each other.

Suddenly the news cuts off. It wasn't live anymore on the tv as I paused it before, so it's a bit behind. Suddenly, the screen is red, yellow and orange. Flames roaring through the screen. Apparently, something was set on fire and it spreader to the forest surrounding it. They are still trying to figure out what caused it.

I looked closely and realised it was the same place where Jake, Drew and the rest were a few minutes ago. I looked down at Zander, who was sleeping soundly, I gave him a peck on the head. I couldn't imagine what I would do, if something happened to him.

I tried to reach my phone that was lying on the table behind me. With a bit of struggle I managed to grab hold of the device. I unlocked my phone and went straight to contacts, scrolling through Jake's name popped up. I texted him a short message. Just wanting to know if he's alright and if the two are safe.

I locked my phone and put it beside me. With my empty arms I pulled up Zander a bit and hugged him, I then also drifted off to sleep.

 With my empty arms I pulled up Zander a bit and hugged him, I then also drifted off to sleep

Drew's POV-

They told me that I'll just have to stay for a night in the hospital just to make sure everything is okay. To be fair, it's not like I have anywhere to go either way.

So currently, I'm laying on one of the beds doing nothing. It was pretty late and the lights were off in the room. I didn't realise how tired and exhausted I was until I started to feel my eyelids becoming heavier. I didn't want to sleep. Not yet at least. I looked around still not believing that I was free. However, I did have an unsettling feeling that if I do fall asleep all of this would be a dream. That I would wake up in the place that I was for years and it would be as if all of this was a lie. Even if it was I want it to last as long as possible.

So I just sat there looking into the distant. Zoning out and just remembering things from the past, some were what I wanted to forget and never ever see again and some were memories that were not worth losing. I was in and out of thought.

No clue how long I was just staring, but eventually I fell asleep in the most comfortable bed ever. It was warm and nicely compressed.

 It was warm and nicely compressed

Jake's POV-

I eventually arrived at the hospital and walked in. I told the receptionist on who I was looking for and she kindly took my to Drew's room. I thanked and opened the door to his room.

It was quite dark the only light was from the door that shone through. I relaxed slightly and walked in taking a seat and sitting beside his bed. He was asleep.

I couldn't imagine what he had gone through. I hope I can manage to make it up to him. Make him happy. Might take some time, but I know it'll be worth it. I caressed his cheek with the back of my hand and smiled. I then leaned back I go to my chair and also drifted off next to him.

____________
A/N Any ideas what should happen next?

Enjoying?

-lemon