32. A Deadly Misunderstanding

Drew's PoV-

Drew's PoV-

I just laid there for god knows how long looking up at the ceiling. I was in pain. I was cold. I was numb from everything. One hand was in my stomach and the other above my head on the ground.

I closed my eyes just to stop seeing the concrete ceiling. I started to think about Jake and the rest. I was gradually missing them the more I thought about them. Especially Jake.

I then opened my eyes. I don't know I think I was hoping I would wake up from a bad dream or something. But in reality I was still there.

I looked to my side and I saw that silhouette laying there. I stood up using the wall to balance myself. I wobbled over there and crouched beside him. He was surrounded by a puddle of his own blood and it all came from the bullet wound on his chest. I lightly tapped him, but he was as cold as a rock. He didn't move at all. His lifeless eyes staring off. I closed his eyelids shut and then shivered.

I moved back to where I came from. Scared for my life. I sat down against the wall, my head bowed and held between my pulsing hands.

-End Of Flashback-

Panting, sprinting, gasping for air I was running with all my might along with the others. I lost track of time from being in the place for too long. It definitely feels like years.

We were being chased by my Father down the corridors. He held a gun. Packing in ammo. We all hid into rooms behind the corner. We had to draw out straws to see who would distract him, whilst we had the chance to escape. Unfortunately, a little a year old girl was picked. No one wanted to risk their life. And most of them believed that was the advantage, who would kill her. She has her whole life in front of her. Her mother cried, as the little girl said goodbye.

The little girl began to run. She ran fast. However, my father noticed her and immediately began shouting and yelling at her, whilst running after her. He aimed his gun at her, but the mother, Charlie, could not keep with the plan. She pounced on him and only shot the wall. Charlie began running after her daughter, who was now way out the door.

My father gathered himself up with a huff and continued the chase. He went out the door and we all began to run as well. However, what we didn't know was that he knew our plan and he waited outside. Just behind the walls.

We ran out and he came behind us; pointing the guns at us. Mostly everyone panicked. The sprinted each way through the forest. So did I. I ran and ran. We all eventually caught up with the girl, but not even a second later a bullet was fired and hit her. She collapsed to the ground. Her breathing becoming shallower; blood oozing out of her. Everyone continued to run, but the mother stayed. She instantly ran up to her and held her close. I was paralysed staring at the dying girl and then looking at the sinister smile of my father's.

Something snapped inside of me. I clenched my jaw and ran into my father. He laughed lifting his gun up ready to shoot. But before he could I tackled him, knocking the gun out of his hands. I was breathing hard with anger and quickly jumped of towards the gun. My dad got up instantly.

Without thinking. I got up and pointed the gun up to him. He had a monotone face as he looked at me. I was grasping the gun tightly aiming at his face.

"Andrew. Put. The gun. Away." He orders and takes a step closer towards me outreaching his hand. I instantly take a step back. "Get back. Or I'll shoot." I hiss through gritted teeth. "You wouldn't. I know you wouldn't," He chuckles as this all was a joke to him. It hurt and I could feel tears threatening to fall. He then stopped and smiled warmly all of a sudden. "Come on, son. Put it away and I'll promise everything will be back to normal. We'll be a family again. Just you and me. Wasn't that all you wanted?"

I looked at him with pained eyes. He called me his son. His son. And we could be a family again. Just what I longed for all my life. I looked into his eyes and his whole expression was with hope. His small, warm smile seemed bright. He outstretched his hand again, this time a bit further. "R-really?" I whispered.

He nodded. "Just lower the gun and hand it to me. And I promise you, everything." I began to lower the gun from his face. His smile widened and he came closer. He opened his palm for the gun. I looked down to his hand. Just give it to him and it will be normal.

I couldn't do it. No matter how hard I tried. I just couldn't. I looked up to him. His smile twitched, "adjust hand over the gun, already." He rushed through the smile of his.

I didn't and wouldn't do it. Father probably knew, he was about to pounce on me. As, he jumped on me my hand went up with the gun. I accidentally pulled the trigger and a loud bang blasted, ringing through my ears.

What have I done...

My father stumbled back, breathing quickening. I'll never forget the look he gave me. Of disappointment and of hatred. Holding his wound he turned around and ran a few steps before face planting to the ground.

I was shocked. I stood there seeing his non-moving body lay there. My hand was still clenching the gun tightly.

______________
A/N: Was supposed to write this one yesterday and I did only half of it though. Only because I had a 2 and half hour exam today and was revising last second.😭😭

Please send hopes that it went well. I got my English language today. Barely just barely passed. Got a four!

Anyway... I changed the chapter before from '7 years ago' to a 'flashback from 7 years ago' as it makes better sense for this chapter.

Enjoying? And improvements?

-lemon