28. One photo

Jake's POV-

Jake's POV-

I was shining the torch in all directions, until I heard Mason shout. "Uh, Sir. I think we found what we were looking for."

I started to walk over. I hope we are getting closer to solving the clue or has it been beat already...?

Mason was standing over the body, when I walked behind him. I looked down the body was covered in blood by now. "All because of the wound in his neck." Mason grumbled examine the lying man.

This man was no less than 50 or 60. Maybe in between. He had wrinkles and dark hair with strands of grey flowing through. He looked oddly familiar, though most people that are older make me think of my dad. But, it wasn't my dad, obviously. I bent down checking the pockets seeing if there were any ID of him. Or something that could tell us who he is. Nothing.

His position on the ground was as if he was trying to get away after getting shot. I pushed him onto his back. His front pocket had a rectangular shape standing out. I checked it out and took out a phone. Not expecting it to work, but I pressed the side-on button and the screen illuminated. There was a Lock Screen with a photo of a group of people. They looked like a family. I swiped up hoping there would be access to the phone without a password. Unfortunately, there was one. I put in some random digits hoping for the best. Denied. I sighed frustratedly.

I went back onto the lock Screen and observed the picture. I could try to see if I could recognise anyone and therefore be able to know, who this guy is.

It was a family of four. It must've been taken quite a while ago, as the man on the right looked exactly like the man in front of me. But he has barely any wrinkles and full dark hair with no greys on the picture. I felt warmth in my chest. It felt nice to see something, so calm and still on a photo. I had a small smile as I continued to inspect it.

The woman beside him, who I assume is his wife, has her arm around his shoulder and is pulling him in. Kissing the side of his cheek. She has luscious dark red curls that go past her shoulders and rosy cheeks. With her other hand she's holding a small girls hand.

The girl looks around the age of six and has her father's features. Dark hair, not as curly as her mother's, but are definitely not straight. Same eye colour. She has a gorgeous smile and is facing upwards looking at the love between her parents.

The man's arm is around a little boy's chest. The small kid is leaning against the father's leg. He looks really similar to his mother. His hair being a shade of magenta and red and having some strands of hair over his face. His small hand was onto of the fathers. Now this boy was looking familiar. He looked like Drew when he was younger. But how can it be possib-

I glanced at the father in the picture and then at the corpse and that when it hit me. He only looked familiar because I've seen him. He's the father of Drew. The one that caused Drew so much pain in the past and probably still did hurt him, until now. My heart was pounding and I stood up immediately handing the phone over to Mason. I was unable to look at the guy any longer. It made me sick.

But if Drew's father is here doesn't that mean that Drew should be somewhere in the forest too?

_______________
A/N: Short Chapter i know and i apologies. But I just had the hardest training of my life and I feel like I'm going to pass out. I'm exhausted.

Left you all on a cliff hanger. How nice of me.

Will they find each other? Or will it be too late...

I'll write the other half tomorrow:)
-Lemon