15. I promise

Jake's POV-

Jake's POV-

That day I cried. I cried so much that I physically felt exhausted and could no longer cry. I laid on my bed unable to move. I felt pain, guilt, anger.

This was all my fault. If only I've been there minutes before. If only I saved him faster. He would still be here. Be here in my arms.

My Drew...

But no. His fucking obsessed father took him. Kidnapped him to wherever he went. No one knows where. No one even knows if Drew is still alive. I can see it across everyone's faces. No one has the hope that he could be living.

Yes, they are still searching for clues following the trail, but it leads to nothing. It's as if they just dissolved into thin air.

Currently, it's late evening and my family are downstairs eating a family dinner. I refused to go down. I feel full. I feel numb. I feel sick to stomach.

I didn't want to accept it, didn't want to believe that he was gone. Just like that. It felt like a nightmare that I couldn't wake up from.

Tears started to fall again and I couldn't stop crying, couldn't bring myself to do anything. I felt so lost and alone, like I was drowning in my own sadness. The pain was almost unbearable, and I didn't know how to make it stop.

I tried to distract myself, to find something, anything, to take my mind off of the reality of what had happened. I took my phone, checked the time and screen turned off again. But no matter what I did, the grief was always there, lurking in the background, ready to consume me again. I felt like I was trapped in a vicious cycle of emotions, and I didn't know how to break free.

I through my phone to the other side of my room. I couldn't look at it, nor did I have the energy to.

And the worst part was that I knew that the pain wouldn't go away anytime soon. That my boyfriend was a missing person. He's a wound that would take time to heal, a loss that would leave a mark on my heart forever.

I still have that small hope. The ones that's always deep down. That he will return. That I could feel is fluffy magenta hair, his soft ashy skin, or hold his warm hands. But now I felt cold, I had no warmth, no sense of comfort.

Eventually, I drifted off to sleep.

3 Days later...

My life has gone downhill ever since he went missing. I couldn't bring myself to do anything. I skipped most of school and just sat in my room for the whole dat. Practically isolating myself from everything. I couldn't bear it. I didn't even feel like practicing with Hailey and the others anymore.

My mother, on the other hand, had enough. She came up the stairs and started to pound aggressively on the door. "Jake Sterling! Get your ass to school. It's been 3 days." She yells.

From no where Milo joins in. "Yes bro, fresh air will do you good. Come on, let's go." He groans.

All of a sudden my door swings wide open. Banging loud against the wall behind. There stood my furious mum. She went in with a huff and dragged me downstairs. "Go to school." She hissed.

"It'll do you good." She smiles wide and her voice became soft all of a sudden. She pushed me out the door and then closed it behind my back. Milo was in front of me already walking down the path.

I groan and turn back round to the door, but it's closed. "Go now." I hear a muffled voice through the door.

It took me a few minutes to start going. I barely lifted my feet up, as I slid them across the path. I lost sight of Milo by the time I reached the gate of my house. I sighed as I continued my way to school. My shoulders slumped forwards and back hunched itch my hands in my pockets.

I was going back to school, which felt like the last place I wanted to be after everything that had happened. The thought of sitting in a classroom, trying to pay attention to a lecture, seemed completely absurd.

And yet, that's exactly what I had to do. I was still a student, still a part of this community, and everything felt different now. I felt like I was all on my own.

But entering the school was a struggle in itself. It felt like the world was moving on without me, like nothing had changed, like I was the only one still caught in the aftermath. And yet, I knew that deep down it was important for me to show up.

As I made my way to class, I felt like I was surrounded by a thick layer of sadness and grief. Every step felt like it took a thousand pounds of energy.

Everything feels different now. Nothing feels the same without him. And yet, here I am, back in school, trying to make it through the day. It's exhausting just trying to keep up the act, pretending everything is okay.

But I know I have to do it. I know that the world is moving on without him, and I have to keep up. I have to keep going even though it feels like everything is falling apart.

And so I show up, day after day, trying to make it through. It's not easy, it's not fun, but it's what I have to do. I know that my boyfriend wouldn't want it any other way.

I will find you, Drew.

Whether it will be today, tomorrow or the following day. I will find you.

I promise...

________________
A/N: Guys what did I write that made you think that Drew died?!

I mean maybe he has maybe not.

What do you think has happened to him?

Will Jake find him?

-Lemon<3

P.s
I'm working on an English presentation for my Exam. I'm actually going to cry. Any tips??