16. New string

Jake's POV-

Jake's POV-

7 Years Later...

Recently, I have found out that my fiancée was cheating on me. I couldn't explain what I felt when I caught her. Walking into our apartment and seeing her fucking a guy much older than me. Fucking whore.

Yes, I did feel anger. I could feel myself boiling and my fists clench tightening. But when I entered our apartment a few days ago, hearing the muffled sounds of laughter and talking. I thought maybe she was on a call with her sister, but as I got nearer I heard a male voice.

A deep voice that sounded as if he was in his late thirties or early forties. I felt anger rush through me, but at the same time...relief?

I reached the door to our bedroom and held the knob tight. By that time, I knew what they were doing. It was load and clear. Grunting and groaning on the other side of the door could be heard. The bed creaking.

I sighed.

This wasn't the first time. She has done it before. I just...

Can't seem to move away from her. She's the final line of my life keeping me together. She promised she would change. I somewhat believed her, but here I am. Again...

I open the door wide. Glaring at them two pouncing on each other. That's when I realised how old that guy is. He's in his early forties. Wrinkles on his face. I felt myself getting sick. 

"How could you. We're over." I hiss. But I get ignored. The only answer I eventually got was through moans and screams saying "Never knew we were together." They both laughed. I felt pure rage.

I slammed the door shut. I'll never came back to that place. I'll tell you that. I should've done that a long time ago.

It was pretty dark already and I found myself waddling around. Numb and cold I had no place to stay at.

That was a week ago... Yet, even though I said she was the only thing keeping me intact. It was never actually true turns out. As soon as I left her for good, I felt this weight lift of my back. I felt at peace. I'll be honest I don't think we ever had that spark between us in the first place. I think I just wanted to forget about the past, but it was hard.

My team helped me get out of the situation. I always rely on them, and they always rely on me. We're like a family.

I'm sitting in my office. The never ending piles of files and cases lying on my desk in front of me and I'm staring off into the distance. Until a sudden knock grabs me to my fall attention. "Come in." My voice stern as I look at my worker coming in. "Chief, we found two bodies this evening." Mason says as he passes me two cases of missing people. "We found them at the bottom of the lake. They must've fell it during last week's storm and drowned." He continues, but by that time my mind was somewhere else. I couldn't focus.

"Boss, I got us a new lead," he said, his eyes gleaming with excitement.

It was like a bolt of lightning striking in the middle of the afternoon, the words ringing in my ears like a thunderclap. I looked up from my desk, my eyes focused on the paper in his hand.

"What is it?" I asked, my voice low with anticipation.

He handed me the paper, and I took it, studying the contents closely. It was a lead, a breakthrough, a clue that could finally help us find the cause of the persons death. This was the moment we had been waiting for, the moment we had been working towards.

I stood up, taking the paper in hand, feeling a sense of determination and purpose wash over me.

"Get me my coat," I said, my voice firm and resolute. "We're going to follow this lead."

We were working on this case for the past week. Finally some action and answers.
Time Skip...
I eventually came back and sat on my seat in exhaustion. The mission was a success we had found the culprit. I felt alive as I stared at all the scattered files with hope, but one in particular.

It was Drew William's file.

I promised my self not to open it again, but by the time I realised I was reading each word again and again. I knew this whole folder by heart. No clues. No leads. The only things known is when he went missing and who kidnapped him.

His own obsessed father.

I examined the paper, as if something would appear. I know Drew is alive. I can feel it. In my gut and my whole body. I moved on pretty fast from my fiancée. But even after 7 years I still feel attraction to Drew. Odd. I know.

I miss him so much. I will find him like I promised. Me and my top police agents are working hard and well get to the bottom of this. We have been successful in solving cases. Some were more brutal than others, but we did it. And I know nothing will stop me in doing my job. I will save multiple lives and my love from the past.

"Chief!" A panicked yell from the corridor could be heard. I ran out desperately. "What happened?" Trying to keep the situation under control. "We got it again..."

I gulp as my blood runs cold....
__________
A/N: Just a quick clarification that the whole book was written when Jake was 16. In this chapter he is 7 years older, so he's 23.

Which means that...

Drew is too.....

The bullet that was shot was to break the window. So however you'll interpret this then that's your story. Not giving away too much information.

Drew is not dead. Yet ;)

Was this chapter ok? Or was it too rushed?

-Lemon<3