31. Beggars can't be Choosers

Drew's PoV-( Flashback from 7 years ago

Drew's PoV-
( Flashback from 7 years ago...)

I woke up to my head throbbing hard. And feeling pain all around my body. Without opening my eyes, I was about to rub my head going to try to ease the pain. But as I moved my arm slightly, I felt the most intense pain. My immediate reaction was to bring my arm to myself. Doing so resolved in a metal clanging near me. Hissing in pain, my eyes shot wide open.

I was expecting to be blinded by some sort of light. But it was dark with a dim light barely visible behind the cracks of a door...

Where the fuck am I? My head looked everywhere. There were concrete walls with some darker shade of something coming down from the ceiling. I couldn't really make it out what it was exactly. But the stench hit me. It reeked with some sort of rotting smell.

I tried moving my arms. The same metal clanging around my wrist was heard. Both my hands were chained to the wall behind me. A deep, dark red cut was on the inside of my arm going from my wrist down to my elbow. I groaned quietly in pain. I was sitting on some chair.

The whole room was empty. I was facing the door and I glanced to the corner of the room. There was a moving silhouette. It looked like a person that barely was able to crawl.

"Hey? You ok?" I spoke quietly but enough for him to hear. I got no response. They then laid on the ground, as the light was blocked by a walking person outside the door.

I felt my heart beating fast and my breathing increased. Where the fuck am I? I can't remember what had happened before I got here.. The door then opened and came in a man with a balaclava over his head. He walked straight to the lying body. He pushed the silhouette against the wall. "What the fuck are you doing lying down, huh?" The balaclava guy hissed. He sounded familiar, a lot actually. It was a bit muffled.

"I'm... in so much pain." The silhouette quivered his male voice was quiet and shaken. "Does it look like I care?" The masked man boomed. He then pulled out a gun.

"Please, don't kill me. Please. I didn't do anything" The man started to back up and cried, but he was cornered.

I couldn't just sit here and let a man die. Without thinking I called out. On second thought it was a bad idea. "Leave him be. What's your problem, huh?" The masked man's head turned to me. I felt a wave of fright in my body, but I wasn't going to show it.

He let out a low chuckle. "Now, now. Look who's awake." He lowered the gun and started moving towards me.

Shit.

He bowed, so that his covered face was in front of mine. "Awe, Drew. You can never keep your mouth shut. Can you?" I could hear him grinning, but then the voice became stern. My lips were sealed, as I looked up slightly. He gently pressed the gun under my chin and lifted it further upwards. I gulped and I was breathing short and fast.

"No." The man at the back grunted. The masked man however did not take it nicely. He groaned in annoyance and span around with the gun and pulled the trigger immediately. The loud bang made me jump. My heart sank and I couldn't believe it. The was silence and I knew that he was dead.

I released a shaky breath and the guy laughed as he looked at me again. "What? Scared? Not surprised Andrew. Once a pussy. Always. A. Fucking. Pussy." He growled, lifting his balaclava up. Only one person calls me by my whole name. It was my father.

I couldn't bring myself to speak. He shoved the gun into his pocket and grabbed hold of my arm. He unchained the one without the cut and examined it. "You know Andrew. This wouldn't be happening, if you would have been a better kid. But no you killed my wife and daughter."

He said it as if I was nothing to the family. Like i was a total stranger. I looked into his eyes and saw pure rage. Through some rustling material he pulled out a knife and stabbed me in my arm. He started to drag it downwards. Pulling the blade to the inside of my elbow.

The immense pain shot throughout my body. My eyes squeezed shut and I hissed in agony. I tried yanking my arm away, but he had a strong grip. "Weak fucking shit." He spat in my face. He pulled away and unlocked my other arm. I was in too much shock and pain to even realise. He then slammed me off the chair and onto the ground. He cut my cheek slightly with the knife and stormed out. Slamming the door shut with, so much force that I felt the room shaking.

I held my arm close to my body because of the pain. I put some pressure to stop the bleeding, but it still bled. I laid on my back staring at the ceiling. Begging that all of this is just a bad dream. But beggars can't be choosers. Can they? A single tear fell to side of my face. It will be better when I'm gone. I should just die already.

_____________
A/N: Well it's the 31st chapter and it's Drew's POV. How did we like this?

I feel like it's not good enough, so any improvements?

Maybe this book won't end just yet. ;)

-Lemon