40.

Y/n POV

It's the grid all game today, and Shane wants me to meet him at the bus stop as he spent the night at Marnie's because she had his lucky jersey in the washing machine.

I get dressed into a (insert winter outfit) and make my way to the bus stop.

Marnie said she'd look after my animals today, and put the eggs and milk in my fridge until I get back.

I make my way through the snow and to the bus stop where Shane is stood waiting with Alex and Gus.

"Y/n! You made it!" He says happily.

"Yeah." I say with a smile, "I'm glad I could" I say.

"Everyone ready?" Pam asks opening the bus door.

We all get on and we take our seats.

I lean on Shane and say "I've not been back to Zuzu city since I moved out. It feels a little weird"

"Don't worry, I'll be with you the whole time" Shane says holding my hand.

*time skip*

We arrive in Zuzu City, by the stadium and we head in and go to the stands.

Shane says "I'm gonna get a beer. I promise it will just be the one. But a Gridball game isn't a Gridball game without a pint. You want one?" He asks.

You ask for (pick between a Joja cola or a beer. It's not really important so even go with something else) and he rushes off to grab one. He comes back in not much time at all and hands me my drink.

"Since drinking, I've not really been able to watch the game at the stadium. I've never had the money. But now I'm sober... mostly.. I can actually afford to come every so often" he says happily.

I'm glad he has something to enjoy, even if it doesn't bring me too much interest.

"Oh. I brought this for you too. I didn't think you had one, and I thought you'd wanna fit in a bit better" Shane says and pulls a scrunched up Tunnelers shirt out of his jacket pocket.

"It's my lucky shirt. Normally I wear it, but today is special, you can wear it" he says and I put it on over my hoodie.

"Go Tunnelers!" I say with a smile and he has the biggest grin on his face.

"It suits you" he says with a small blush on his cheeks.

We watch the game and there was a lot of cheering and booing from everyone. I look up at Shane to see him fully engrossed in the game and it makes me smile. I'm glad he can be this happy.

He looks at me and smiles back. His smile makes my chest explode. I really love him. I just wish I knew how to propose to make it lifelong.

We get towards the end of the game and it's neck and neck. The next goal wins.

"CMON TUNNELERS"

"GO TUNNELERS"

Many loud voices and chants can be heard across the stadium as the ball goes back and forth between the teams.

"THE TUNNELERS ARE MAKING IT CLOSE! I WINDER IF THEY'LL SCORE!! AAAANNNDDDD TOUCHDOWN!!!" The commentator yells and there's a bunch of cheers.

The next thing I know, Shane has lifted me up in the air and he spins me around and gives me the biggest kiss ever.

I wrap my legs around his waist and we have a loving, happy kiss which starts to get a little passionate, then Shane pulls away and says "Not here. We can do that later" and he winks at me as he puts me down.

After all the cheering dies down, me and Shane head to the bus where we meet Gus and Alex and the guys all talk about the game.

"So, Y/n, did you enjoy your first ever game?" Alex asks.

"It was loud, but I enjoyed it." I say, "I still can't get my head around the whole scoring thing though" I say.

Shane chuckles and puts his arm around my shoulder.

The bus ride home is filled with chatter about the game and laughter.

We eventually get home and Shane immediately takes me to the sofa.

"So.... You wanna maybe get on with what we started?" He asks.

***

Shane: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Pre-Warning for the next chapter, it's gonna be (probably not well written) smut.

It's gonna be my first proper smut chapter so don't expect it to be amazing.

Anyways have a good day/night (: