34.

Art by JuneBoyArt

***

Y/n POV

I wake up with Shane laid next to me asleep. It's cute. I move a strand of hair out of his face and smile.

I slowly get out of bed and grab my farming clothes and go to the bathroom.

I get changed and leave a note on my bedside table for him, saying that I'm tending to farm work and I'll be somewhere on the farm if he needs me.

I head out and start to tend to my crops, harvesting any that can be harvested and keeping the best quality ones I harvest. I have to do a grange display, it's gonna be a competition on who has the best display, so I need my best crops there to be able to stand a chance. Tho I hear Pierre won the grange display like 5 years in a row.

I finish watering my crops and then head to the chicken coop. I go in and grab the eggs, and start cleaning up the coop. It's gotten messy recently and I should probably clean it.

After feeding the chickens and cleaning up their mess, I sit down to pet them all, one by one.

The door to the coop opens and Shane looks over to me.

"You have as many feathers on you as a chicken" he laughs.

I look down at myself and also start to laugh.

"I suppose I do" I say.

He takes a seat beside me and joins me in letting the hens.

"You know... I have a project going on.. and I'd like you to come see for yourself what it is. I haven't told anyone. Because it's a recent thing that I got to doing because I've had more free time since I stopped going to the saloon on a night.

"Great! When do you want me to stop by?" I ask.

"Tomorrow evening would be nice" he says with a huge smile on his face.

"Tomorrow evening it is" I reply, with an equally big smile.

He then gets up and says "sadly, I have work today. Morris called. So I'd best get going."

"Awww.. tell him you can't." I say.

"Morris is a piece of shit that doesn't care if you're on your death bed. He still wants you to work." He sighs.

"Okay. Can you come back tonight?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll come back to the farm after work chicky." He smiles.

"Yay!" I say happily, grinning at the nickname he gave me. He gives me a kiss before saying "I love you, bye" without a thought, so it seems and heads off.

He loves me?!

Did he just say he loves me?

I feel my face getting warmer and I put the chicken down. I quickly open the hatch and run back up to the farmhouse and jump into bed, squealing into the pillow like a teenage girl.

I then stop.

I never said that I love him back.

Do I love him back?

He makes me feel safe, he makes my heart jump, he's sweet, and I'd do anything to keep him...

Oh my Yoba.. I do love him.

I love him so much!

Pepper comes in and meows at me, jumping on the bed.

"Pepper. I love Shane." I tell him. Pepper lays down on the bed to sleep without a care. Wow.. such a great pet Pepper is. (/sar ofc Pepper is a great cat!)

I get out of bed again and take a deep breath.

I should probably take care of the rest of my farm because that's kinda what being a farmer is all about.

I head back out and to the barn, starting off the rest off my farming chores.

*time skip*

It's 4pm, Shane should be finishing in an hour or so.

I realise I have the ingredients to make pizza. We could have a pizza making date, that would be cute!

I take a shower and get changed first. My clothes aren't the cleanest, and it's probably not sanitary to make food in clothes covered in feathers and dirt.

I then head to the kitchen after my shower and start making the dough that we'd need to make the pizzas.

I don't know if he'd be okay with the fact that I'm making the dough. But I have nothing better to do at the minute so why not make the dough and prepare some toppings and stuff for us to use.

I start to mix everything for the dough, and knead it all together, making a big ball of pizza dough. I then put it in a bowl with clingfilm over it and place it in the fridge. It needs at least 90 minutes to proof, Shane should be home after then, so it's all good.

I start preparing things like making the base sauce, grating the cheese, cutting up peppers, mushrooms etc to put on as toppings and place those in the fridge too to keep them fresh.

I sit on the sofa and watch some TV, flicking through the whole of like 4 channels that are available here. I settle on The Queen of Sauce, as it seems fitting, and watch how different foods are made.

***

Shane: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️