22.

Art by jotuno on tumblr (I do believe)

Posting yet another chapter (it's like 2am for me rn) because I got bored, couldn't sleep so I've done like another 5 more chapters ahead-

***

Y/n POV

A week has passed since the Luau and I've managed to acquire myself a barn and some cows, they're so cute!

I also made a few amends to my farm, making more space for crops and harvesting crops.

I finally have managed to get a good deal of stuff for the community center, and the melons and blueberries have given me enough money to cash in a few bank vault bundles.

And going to the community centre will keep me out of the rain too. It's a lovely little storm that's brewed up today. Luckily I made some lightning rods beforehand. I'd hate for my farm to be messed up again from a lightning strike.

I tend to my farm and feed Pepper and decide to make my way to the community center.

I get there and I am dripping wet. I start making my way around the bundles. I complete the summer crops bundle. Put some eggs in an animal bundle. Wood and stone in another bundle, some more fish in yet another bundle and the list goes on.

Junimos are running around putting my completed bundles in their little hut and it's so cute.

I finish filling the bundles and then get my rewards. I decide to stick around a little. Abandoned buildings are cool, and I can also dry off a bit before running outside again. I start thinking over everything that has happened while I've been in Pelican Town.

How many people I met, how much I have accomplished etc.

It's been really fun, and a huge change from working in Zuzu City.

My mind then wanders to Shane. How he was so cold and closed off when I first met him, and now I have feelings for him, and he's a much nicer person now. I smile at the thought and then think of the possibilities of it possibly going further.

Dating, living together, marriage, children. It seems so wonderful.

And then I stop my thoughts.

He might not actually like me back. He could quite possibly be playing with my feelings. That's happened many-a-time with me before. What's to say it won't happen with Shane. I let out a huge, disappointed sigh.

I decide to get up and head back home. I don't have much more to do and it's better to go home now and dry off than be home later and be soaked when I'm tired and want to go to sleep.

I get up and prepare myself to run all the way back home. And I do so.

I get home and I am dripping wet. I really underestimated the rain.

I see Pepper asleep in front of the fire, and I go join him, with the plan to dry off and get warm.

I dry off and make myself a nice warm meal. I cook it up and go sit on the sofa, cuddled up in a blanket, watching whatever comes on the TV.

After eating and cleaning my dishes, I then put some food in Pepper's bowl. He's still asleep, but it will be there for him when he wakes up.

It starts getting late. It's 12:30am and I get a phone call.

"Hello?" I say tiredly answering the phone.

"Hi Y/n. Shane doesn't happen to be with you does he?" I hear from the other end of the line.

"Marnie? Is everything okay?" I ask.

"No. I called the saloon and..." she says, her breathing getting faster.

"Okay, calm down and tell me what the issue is" I say.

Marnie takes a deep breath and tells me what's wrong.

"Shane is missing"

***

Shane:❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🖤🖤🖤