37.

***

Y/n POV

We finally get home and Shane puts me to bed, bandages around my wounds and cares for me himself. I do t know if why he wouldn't just take me to Harvey, as he's the professional, but I find it cute that he's taking care of me. Though he should really take care of himself this well.

"Here's a nice warm (favorite hot drink) and some pepper poppers... I only know how to properly cook those." He says, chuckling awkwardly.

"Thanks Shane, I appreciate it" I say with a smile.

I sit up in bed, as he won't allow me to move unless I need to use the bathroom. Pepper is also curled up on the bed.

"I'll sleep on the couch tonight. So I don't hurt you more than you are" he says. I shake my head. "You can sleep with me. I'll be fine" I say.

"Okay" Shane says and then climbs into bed with me.

We talk for a bit while I eat my pepper poppers and drink my (favorite hot drink) and then we go to sleep for the night.

*time skip*

The next day, I wake up, 6am as always and I'm still in a bit of pain. I'm achy all over and whatever that magic thing's spell was, still has some effect on me. However I have a farm to run.

I start to get up and that's when Shane starts to wake up.

"Where do you think you're going my love? Get back into bed" he says.

"But-"

"No buts. I'll go do the farm work. I booked the day off today anyway. And Morris can suck my dick if he needs me in" Shane says.

"But that's my job" I jokingly whine.

"Not when you're like this" Shane says. He gets himself dressed and heads out to do farm work.

I make my way to the front porch and see him handling the plants well. He must be a good visual learner.

I watch as he tends the farm, cleaning any weeds that may have come up, in and out of the barn/coop and then he comes back.

"Did I do a good enough job for you?" He asks.

"You did great" I smile.

We end up spending the day inside watching films, and Shane literally forcing me to stay seated and recover.

Sometimes it makes me wonder, was all Shane needed was someone to love to get out of his depression?

***

Sorry it's short and kinda rushed. I wanted to get a chapter out so I made a small filler chapter. I'm sorry if it's bad, I've had a bunch of work to catch up on and stuff. I hope y'all don't mind

-Bee 💛💛