BUNGOU STRAY DOGS: SOUKOKU

Dazai x Chuuya: I'm tired..

Dazai sat in his desk chair at the agency, arms crossed and a pout on his face. He was being yelled at, again, for the 10th time today. Kunikida had always been the one to scold him for not doing his work,  Dazai understood that that was just the way Kunikida was. However, Kunikida has been extra irritated today, yelling at Dazai for every single mistake.

Kunikida had found Dazai outside during his break, smoking. He yanked the cigarette out of the boy's mouth and pulled the boy inside. He forced him to sit down on his chair and proceeded to scold him about how careless and unproductive he was.

"Fix your damn act, Dazai!" he yelled. "Stop being lazy and stop slacking off because you have no good reason to do so! You do nothing in this agency, I swear at times, you're useless!" He continued on and on about how terribly selfish Dazai's behavior has become and how he's hurting the agency.

However, Kunikida just didn't understand. Dazai has done so much for the agency. He's tried so hard to be perfect. He didn't mean to cause any trouble. He's simply exhausted and burned out.

"I didn't.." Dazai's voice broke, he bit his lip, holding back every urge to break down and cry. Kunikida thinks that Dazai is perfect, that he's just asking for attention, but he really isn't.  He doesn't lie about suicide. He doesn't hurt himself for attention. Dazai acts the way he acts because of his past. He was cheated out of his childhood, so of course, he acts childish now that he's in a safer environment. Dazai stood up, avoiding eye contact with Kunikida.

"Sit your ass back down," he said sternly, pushing Dazai back into the chair, "you are not to get up from this chair until you finish all of your work. On your own." Dazai put his head down, biting his lip so hard that he thought it might begin to bleed. "Do you understand, Dazai?" Kunikida spoke, crossing his arms annoyed.  "Look at me!" he yelled, Dazai raised his head, looking at Kunikida with the coldest look ever, his eyes filled with tears threatening to fall. "Dazai.. I-"

"Leave me alone." he replied, his voice harsh and void of emotion. Kunikida made no attempt to stop him, letting him leave out the door.

"What happened?" Atsushi asked, walking in and catching a glimpse of Dazai's broken state.

"What did you do, Kunikida?" Yosano spoke, disappointment obvious in her tone of voice.

"I didn't mean to make him cry. He's never reacted like that!" he stammered out nervously. "I didn't even know it was possible for him to cry.."

"Obviously, it's possible,  Kunikida, he's human, isn't he?" Yosano scolded. She raised a brow at Ranpo's calm expression.

"He'll be alright. He's not alone." he said simply.

Dazai arrived at a giant fancy house with a big front door. He wiped his tear stained cheeks and let out a sigh before knocking on the door. The door opened within seconds, revealing a short red head.

"Mackerel? What are you doing here, don't have work?" he asked. Dazai's lip quivered at the shorter man's words as tears spilled out of his eyes. He broke down. "Osamu? Oh god, it's okay, come inside. You're okay." he told the boy, letting him in and closing the front door behind them. His heart broke into a million pieces at the scene. Who could've hurt his partner so badly?

The two boys sat on Chuuya's bed upstairs. Chuuya leaned against the headboard as Dazai laid his head on his lap, crying and crying.

"Ohw, baby..  what's wrong? What happened, hm?" he asked, combing his fingers through his partner's hair.

"Mean." the boy cried. "No mo'e  work, ti'ad.." he explained between sobs, his mispronounced words indicating his regression.

"Shh.. It's okay, my love, we don't need to do any more work. Don't worry about work, okay?" he told the boy, reaching over for Dazai's soother that sat on the nightstand. 

He happily accepted the pacifier into his mouth, calming down just a bit. Dazai curled into Chuuya's embrace, Chuuya leaning forward to kiss his head.

"You're so special, my baby boy. They don't deserve your greatness. My beautiful, beautiful prince. I love you so so much, and I know just what an amazing person you can be.

"Chuchu, don't wanna go work, Kuni'ida be mean mean." Dazai whined, rubbing at his teary eyes.

"I know, sweet boy, you don't have to go to work, take a big long break, okay?" Chuuya told the boy, rubbing little soothing circles on the little's back. "Today, we'll have a day dedicated just for you, Sweetheart. My pretty boy."

Dazai giggled at the nicknames he was given. They made him feel safe and loved. Chuuya made him feel safe and loved. He sat up, scooting closer to the red head and sat on his lap, curled up, laying in his arms. Chuuya chuckled, holding his boy just as if he were carrying a true baby. This warm and comforting embrace made him feel even safer.

"Have you eaten food today, Hun?" he asked, looking the boy in his eyes. Dazai shrugged. "I'll take that as a no. Let's go get something to eat, okay?"

"Mmm.."Dazai whined, not wanting to get up and part from his security blanket.

"What's wrong? Do you want uppies?" Chuuya asked, looking down at the boy still in his arms. Dazai's love language was most definitely physical touch. Although words of affirmation always came in second. The little boy nodded his head, Chuuya smiled, standing up and picking the boy up onto his hip. The red head might have been short, but definitely not weak.

"M'ma!" Dazai made out, with a giggle. His attempt at blowing a kiss, though extremely muffled through his pacifier.

"Mwah?" Chuuya chuckled, peppering Dazai's face with dozens of kisses as he sat him on a dining chair. "I love you too, Cutie."