HARRY POTTER: PLATONIC HAGRID & HARRY

PLATONIC HAGRID & HARRY: "You're safe"
Requested by lullie02

It was the end of the Triwizard Tournament and things had gotten tragic. Harry was not getting over the fact that Cedric Diggory had died. He could not unsee his death, and Voldemort. He would never show it, but he was terrified of the man. And now he's seen his true power, his capabilities, this man is not just a story, he is a true threat, and it's up to him to protect Hogwarts.

The trio of children were in Hagrid's cozy place talking about the insane events of.. the Triwizard Tournament. Harry was on edge the whole time, the boy was obviously traumatized. He found himself holding himself as he pulled his knees to his chest in a self soothing manner.

"Deep breaths.." he murmured to himself so quietly that no one could hear.

When it came to the topic of the maze, Harry went into a panic, trembling, as he covered his eyes and put his head into his knees. Hagrid, taking notice of this, put an end to the conversation.

"Alright Hermione, I need to speak with Harry about something. Ron, I would greatly appreciate it if you'd went back to your dorms. I will escort him to bed later on." he spoke.

"Oh, of course. Come on, Ronald." Hermione replied with a smile, standing up and walking to the the door. Ron decided on no protests because he did have some assignments to complete anyways. He sighed, getting up and following her out.

When the kids were far enough, Hagrid knelt beside Harry.

"Harry boy, it's alright." he spoke gently, placing a hand on the boy's back. The boy looked up hesitantly as tears poured out of his eyes, he had regressed. "What's going on?"

"S-Scawy.." he cried. His slurred words were not even a thought in his mind, all he cared about was a sense of security and care.

"Are we still bothered about You-Know-Who?" Hagrid asked. "I don't blame ya, but what do we get outta living in fear?" he spoke, wiping Harry tears away with a smile. Harry reached onto Hagrid, holding onto him tightly. Hagrid held him, rubbing his back gently. "It'll be okay, kiddo."

Harry laid his head on Hagrid's shoulder, playing with the older man's hair. He felt safe in the man's arms and was not afraid. He felt an amazing sense of security. The boy's eyes began to drool as he fell into a peaceful sleep. His worries from just a moment before, fading away and now forgotten.