Chapter 21- Do I know him?

Shreya's POV

I was standing in front of the mirror in our closet, drying my hair with a towel when I heard Rana Sa calling me.

"I'm in the closet," I shouted.

"You........."

"You aren't naked. Why aren't you naked?" I turned around as soon as those words entered my ears to see Rana Sa standing with his lips slightly parted and eyes bulging out.

"Wha.. What?" I asked.

"No no..... Usually, you used to be naked when I used to enter the room and this time you are dressed up so I just asked."

"I was never naked," I stated.

"Ahh yes, you used to have that white towel wrapped around your pretty body."

"You used to be semi-naked." he corrected and I lowered my eyes as I felt my cheeks heating up from embarrassment and shyness.

He indeed doesn't have a filter in his mouth.

Shameless human being.

He came towards me and pulled me into a hug. His chest and my back touched each other as I laid back my head on his strong shoulder while both of us stared at each other through the mirror.

"You know that I love you, don't you?" he asked.

"I know Rana Sa," I assured him.

'I'm not a murderer.'

My mind went to the night before. What had happened? I still can't wrap my mind around it. He was having nightmares. What could make a strong and powerful man go through such a nightmare? I remembered how he was trembling in his sleep and..........

Why did he murmur that sentence?

I need to know. I have to know.

What's troubling him?

............................................

I was in the dining hall arranging the food with blush all over my face as my brain would go back to the makeout we had in our closet room, how he went on his knees and again made me wear those anklets and kissed my feet. How he kissed my forehead, pulled me into a hug, and whispered how much he loved me.

"Bhabhi Sa?"

"Ji." I looked up to see Dever Sa looking at me with his eyes squinting and asked, "Are you feeling hot?"

"No" I replied.

"Then why is your face so red?" he asked back. The smile which adored my face was wiped out due to his question. What should I say?

"Jab aapki biwi aayengi tab aap unhi se puch lijiye ga." I turned back to see Dadi Sa (Grandmother) coming downstairs with Dada Sa (Grandfather).

(When you have a wife, ask her.)

"Dadi Sa" Dever Sa bowed his head when he heard Dadi Sa.

"I don't even think he has any girl in his life, shadi toh bahot dur ki baat hai."

(The talk of marriage is a faraway thing.)

"Ekansh bhai." Dever Sa shouted looking at him horrified while Bhai Sa came and sat in his place and served himself.

I didn't know he was living here.

"I do have girls in my life."

"Of course you have, they are invisible," he said while munching his food.

"Bhabhi Sa." Dever Sa made a crying face and came to me. I placed his face on my shoulder and patted one side of his face.

"You shouldn't talk like that with My Dever Sa," I said.