Chapter 16- Truth

Shreya's POV

I was sitting near the beautiful pond with trees and beautiful flowers around it. I never knew that this palace had a pond and it was the most beautiful site I have ever seen.

'Except your husband.' my brain replied.

'Shut up, you dirty brain. I replied back

'But I didn't say anything dirty. I just complimented our husband. You have a dirty brain.'

'Dirty brain? Are you forgetting you are my brain?' I questioned.

'I'm not talking to you. You always insult me.' she said in a tearful voice.

'But when did I insult you?' I asked but didn't get an answer.

'Hello, you there?' I asked but again I didn't get any response.

'Hello?' still no reply. Looks like she left.

"Rani Sa?" I was startled when I heard a voice behind me. I turned around to see Ajay standing a few metres away from me. I forgot his presence when I saw this breathtaking scene in front of me.

"You can ask me anything you want to know about," he said with his head bowed down.

"What do you see me as?" I asked.

"I didn't get it, Rani Sa?" He asked me, confused.

"What do you see me as? What am I to you?" I asked.

"What's the connection between this and the questions you have in your mind?" he asked, still his head bowed down.

"Right now I don't want to talk to anyone who sees me as Rani Sa or the wife of the king. The one I want to talk to and ask questions shouldn't be related to any of those positions. You all are too loyal to the crown and my husband and I'm very happy that he has people like you and Rajat Bhai Sa who are all ready to die for him but right now I need a normal human being."

"So what am I to you?" I asked again.

I don't want him to see me as his queen or the wife of his king. I want him to see me as his little sister, I want him as my brother who will listen to me and help me clear my head. I have never thought of Ajay Bhai Sa as my bodyguard. That day when he stopped my mother from hitting me, from that day onwards I have always thought of him as my elder brother who protected his little sister. He protected me just like a brother. 

Ajay Bhai Sa, Rajat Bhai Sa and Ekansh..... Ekansh Bhai Sa are the ones who are closest to my husband. Maybe they can finally tell me the things he has been hiding from me.

'You are not the only one who can read people like an open book, Rana Sa. I can even identify when a person lies.' I said to myself.

"My sister." he replied and a smile appeared on my face.

"Then an elder brother should never bow down in front of his little sister." I said looking at him.

He slowly raised his head and my eyes met with emerald green eyes. Square face with the rarest green deep set eyes. High cheekbone, sharp jawline, stubble (medium) beard and dark black hair which is combed neatly.

"From the moment I have seen you and vowed to protect you, I didn't protect you only as it was my duty of being your bodyguard but as your brother. I have always seen you as my sister." he walked towards me and stood beside me while I sat on the ground and looked at the scenery in front of my eyes.

"Ask me anything you want and I will reply as your brother but I will too make you understand the reason behind the things which were done." he said and gestured to me to speak with his hand.