Chapter 19- Ekansh and punch

Shreya's POV

I stood there looking at his back as he walked away from me.

Did I do something?

What just happened? One moment he was all over kissing me as if his life depended on my lips and the very next second he walked away from me as if.........

As if nothing happened.

The emotions in his eyes................

Why were his eyes empty without any vividness or emotion? He has always looked at me with love, care, and utmost respect. What changed?

I stood there, recalling every moment we spent, and tried to figure out if I made any mistake. He was angry with me and walked away from me like that.

I don't think I made any mistake or did something that made him angry.

Bipolar human.

But there was this ache in my heart when I saw him walking away from me.

I lowered my head and started to walk to the palace. I could feel my eyes stinging. They wanted to let the pain out in the form of tears.

The pain caused by Rana Sa.

I was about to climb the stairs when I bumped into someone. My leg slipped and as I was about to fall a hand held my wrist.

"Where is your focus?" a voice boomed in the living hall making me shiver. I looked up to see the weird friend of Rana Sa.

No.

I saw Ekansh Bhai Sa looking at me with panic and horror. I straightened myself, pulled my wrist out of his hold and murmured sorry to him.

I was about to pass away from there when he held my hand making me stop on my track.

"Why are your eyes red?" Is it red? I touched my eyes.

Stupid. How can I see if my eyes are red by touching it?

"Were you crying?" he asked when he didn't get any response to his first question.

I shook my head and tried to pull my hand out of his hold.

I didn't want to talk right now because if I did then I might end up with tears rolling down my eyes and snorting in my nose.

I don't even want to see anyone right now.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Please." I said and looked at him as a tear rolled down from my eye. I again tried to pull my hand out of his hold when he, himself left my hand.

He wiped away my tears and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and walked with me. We climbed the stairs and walked through the corridor without a single word. We entered my and Rana Sa's room, and he left my shoulder and turned to me. He shuffled my hair and said with a small smile.

"Take rest, leave everything else to your brother."

He walked out with his fist clenched and his body posture shouted danger.

..............................................

Ranvijay's POV

I walked inside the study room while ruffling through my hair to see my so-called father sitting there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I walked to my throne, unbuttoned my coat and sat on the throne.

"I needed to talk with you about some matter, Maharaj. It's urgent so I have to come here, unannounced."