The End

Chapter 235 Epilogue (full text) (1 / 2)

The imperial examination path for poor families Little sweet-scented osmanthus grandma 4817 words 1 month ago

Time flies, and it’s the eighth year of Jingchang in a blink of an eye.

In the past few years, the persimmon fruits on Zhuangzi have grown one after another. Although "Auspicious Ruyi Cake" is no longer a rarity nowadays, it does not affect its popularity in Lin Mansion at all. Every time the persimmons are prepared, except for those given away, the rest are basically divided among the houses and courtyards and eaten as daily snacks.

As for making persimmons, everyone in the Lin family is still doing it as usual. Whenever the fruits are ripe, the old man, the old lady, the young master and the young lady all get together, peeling them and drying them. Very busy.

There were many servants in the mansion, and originally such work could be done by servants, but no one in the Lin family had such an idea. In the words of Lao Lintou and Wu, "Although life is rich now, people must not forget their roots. The Lin family must not lose the word hard work."

Only if people don't forget their roots can they avoid distorting their character.

In addition to everyone in the Lin family, Lin Yuanqiu's "Ben" in his heart has remained the same over the years. As the Minister of the Ministry of Household Affairs, he has successively contributed many good governance strategies to the court that benefit the country and the people.

Among these governance strategies, the establishment of "Guan Niu Guan Tian" is the best.

No, since the imperial court had official land, the salaries and daily supplies of the border soldiers no longer have to be paid from the national treasury.

You must know that this alone can save the court more than 100,000 taels of silver every year.

In addition, with the harvest from official fields, the city walls of various state capitals no longer have to wait for funding from the court to be repaired, which is a major matter related to the city and the country.

In addition to the establishment of official cattle and official fields, Lin Yuanqiu's "social warehouse square meter" policy has also achieved good results.

In fact, as early as the late emperor's lifetime, Lin Yuanqiu had proposed the establishment of Changpingcang, and it was implemented well.

Today's policy of "community warehouse square meters" is an improvement on the original basis, so that in the future, whether it is adjusting food prices or preparing for famine relief, it will get twice the result with half the effort.

It can be said that since taking up the position of Minister of Household Affairs, Lin Yuanqiu has always adhered to his own principles of doing things, always serving his family and the country, and living up to his original aspirations.

······

In the 11th year of Jingchang, Lin Yuanqiu, who had been the Minister of Household Affairs for ten years, was finally promoted.

To be honest, if he hadn't felt so sorry, Emperor Jingchang would have wanted to keep Lin Yuanqiu in the Ministry of Household Affairs for a few years. After all, the treasury is the lifeblood of the imperial court. Only when the treasury is full can the soldiers and horses be strong and the great scenery be everlasting.

Emperor Jingchang, who was promoted to Second Assistant, directly had his decree read out in the morning. Although it was rare to join the cabinet in his thirties, as long as this happened to Mr. Lin, everyone would think it was normal.