241-244

Anyone who uses the pretext of a woman's infidelity to do whatever he wants with a woman, including dipping her in a pig cage, shall be treated as a murderer.
  The deterrent effect of these words is quite large.
  At this time, many clans, especially the heads and elders of the Zhao, Chen and Yang clans who had suffered a loss in front of the prefect, became even more cautious, fearing that the prefect would take advantage of them and punish them to death.
  ······
  After posting the notice, Lin Yuanqiu, unwilling to give it a try, quickly wrote a letter to Zhang Gui, and then arranged for all the servants in the house to go out.
  After Zhang Gui received the letter, he immediately got busy following Lin Yuanqiu's instructions.
  Later, a story spread in the capital that the husband's family was fond of the new and disliked the old, and deliberately wrongfully accused his wife of committing adultery and then killed her.
  The person who sent the message also added at the end, "Don't tell me, this method is really good. Our Da Jing Dynasty law allows the victims to use lynching on women who have lost their virginity." When the others heard this, they did not dare to agree,
  " We can't have such thoughts."
  The messenger laughed, "What are you afraid of? The law can't cure us anyway."
  After that, Zhang Gui, who had thick eyebrows and a long beard, left.
  Everyone in the teahouse was left to discuss it, and within a few days, the matter spread to every corner of the capital.
  At the same time, people in other states and cities are also talking about this murder case. Many of them were complaining about the Xiao family and felt that the Yang family and his son were too much.
  And on this point where the victims could resort to lynching, there were several groups of people with different opinions. Most of them felt that the matter had nothing to do with them, and whether they were lynched or not was definitely not related to them, so they didn't care.
  Some people think that this should be the case, otherwise without restraint, the world would still be in chaos.
  Another group of people with different opinions retorted, "That's why there are lawsuits about indiscriminately charging people with adultery charges and taking other people's lives privately. If you ask me, this is really messed up. "
  Supporters of lynching felt that the other party was deliberately exaggerating, "After all, such unjust cases are rare. You see, we have only heard of this one in so many years." "How do you know that
  those who were wronged in the past were not wronged this time? The prefect of Zhou knew everything, but who could know that Mrs. Xiao was actually framed by her husband's family!"
  So, the two sides, each holding different views, began a new round of expressing their opinions.
  Others who were standing on the sidelines to watch the excitement fell into deep thought after hearing the words "How do you know those people were not wronged before?"
  Because they suddenly remembered that every time someone dealt with an adulterer, everyone was filled with righteous indignation. No one thought about whether something was wronged or not. No matter how much the person involved defended himself, no one was willing to listen. Those who immersed themselves in the pig cage as usual, and those who were killed were still beaten to death. They all felt that this was a matter of course and relief.
  Could it be that anyone among them was really wronged?
  "I'm afraid you don't know that Shizhou Prefect has posted a notice saying that anyone who does this in the future will be treated as a murderer."
  What! murderer?
  Those who were dissatisfied wanted to yell and curse a few words, but when they thought that they were officials, they, the common people, could not afford to offend them, so they had to swallow the words that came to their mouths.
  However, if you can't afford to be an official, you don't need to be afraid of those who disagree with you. As a result, some people got into a quarrel, and some started to fight directly. In addition, people on the side looked at it as a joke, and it was really lively.
  These arguments were naturally expected by Lin Yuanqiu. It is said that he asked Zhang Gui and his servants to publicize this matter everywhere in order to maximize the influence of this matter, and also hope that there will be voices among the people who have the same views as him.
  And according to the news brought back by the servants, it can be seen that the effect is quite satisfactory.
  It is said that one has to strike while the iron is hot. Lin Yuanqiu quickly reported this case to Emperor Jing Kang. The memorial expounded extensively on the disadvantages of lynching. The meaning is self-evident, that is, he hopes that the Holy Emperor will take it seriously. After all, this is all Matters involving human life.
  It was just that three months had passed. At that time, the new rice planted by the people of Shizhou Prefecture was more than one foot high, and there was no movement from Emperor Jingkang's side.
  Alas, Lin Yuanqiu knew that it was so easy to change something so deeply rooted.
  According to what was said before, when rice seedlings began to be cultivated, the imperial court arranged for many people to come over to learn new planting methods.
  In fact, these people were selected from the various state capitals, and they had to stay from planting rice seedlings until the millet was harvested before leaving.
  In order to make it easier for them to follow and learn, Lin Yuanqiu relocated them all to Housi Village. Of course, the place to live was a requisitioned common people's home, and they were given ten taels of silver for half a year. This was an unexpected gain for the villagers of Housi Village.