Epilogue 2

Epilogue 2 (1/2)

The teacher's notification made Lin Yuanqiu take precautions in advance.

Originally, he just thought of getting along well with his new colleagues, but now it seems that things are far from being as simple as he thought.

To be honest, Lin Yuanqiu has long been accustomed to a handy way of doing things during these years of working abroad. Now he has to return to the previous caution in the Hanlin Academy, and he is really not used to it.

But if you think about it carefully, it doesn't really matter. He is the number one in the household department no matter what. No matter how complex these people are, there is no way they can bully him.

On the contrary, if those people go too far, Lin Yuanqiu is definitely capable of making them want to take a detour when they see him. He didn't care how much these people were favored by Emperor Jingchang, but Lin Yuanqiu would never give in on an issue of principle.

It's not that Lin Yuanqiu is too serious. You must know that the Department of Revenue is no better than other yamen. In a place like this where you directly deal with money, if you don't show some courage, you won't know when someone will take the piss out of you.

Although we have a detailed understanding of the operating mechanism of the household department, there is always a difference between theory and practice.

Now all Lin Yuanqiu can do is to adhere to his usual style of doing things, because he knows that if he wants to be foolproof in anything, he must have a rigorous and responsible attitude. As long as you walk upright, sit upright, and have no control over others, there is nothing to fear.

Having been a teacher and student for many years, Qin Yu naturally understood the temperament of his students, so after seeing the confident look on Lin Yuanqiu's face, Qin Yu felt relieved.

From Qin Yu's point of view, Yuan Qiu has always been a successful person, and he thought he already had a good way to deal with it.

It's just that Qin Yu never expected that he, a student who had been living outside Saibei for several years, would behave and behave like the folk customs of Saibei. His toughness was unexpected for him as a teacher.

The matter has to start with Lin Yuanqiu taking over the renovation of Mingtang.

Mingtang, also called the Ancestral Temple, was the place where the emperor held ancestor worship ceremonies. Not only were the gods of past emperors enshrined there, but there were also memorial tablets of meritorious officials worthy of the Ancestral Temple, which shows its importance.

However, just last month, the Ancestral Temple located on the southeast side of the palace suddenly caught fire, perhaps because a mouse knocked over a candle.

Fortunately, it was the time for the guards to change shifts, so after seeing thick smoke coming out of Xiangdian, everyone hurriedly carried buckets to put out the fire.

The captain of the guard who was responsible for guarding was also smart. In addition to instructing his guards to put out the fire quickly, he also immediately had people rescue all the tablets in the Hall of Enjoyment.

It was precisely because of this that Emperor Jingchang did not get angry when he saw the five enjoyment halls that were burned down by the fire.

It's just that the Ancestral Temple, as a royal ancestral hall and a place worthy of honoring the memorial tablets of heroes, must be repaired urgently.

Emperor Jingchang quickly handed over the matter to the Ministry of Household Affairs and the Ministry of Industry for discussion. The former was responsible for budgeting the funds, while the latter carried out specific repair matters.