181-185

After he lost his official position, his whole family was exiled for three thousand miles.
  As for Li Yushi, who was responsible for supervision, he abused his power for personal gain. Naturally, Emperor Jingkang would not give him a light sentence.
  In the end, Li Yushi, like He Shangshu, was also beaten to the bottom, and his family was exiled for three thousand miles.
  This is a three-thousand-mile walk, and the whole family is walking together.
  Lin Yuanqiu thought to himself that on the way to exile in Lingnan, Li Yushi and He Shangshu would lament the difficulty of following the dragon. Or maybe they all regret their previous stance. After all, if they had not done so, the whole family would still be living a good life. How can it be like this now? I don't know if I can reach the place of exile alive.
  Compared with He Shangshu and Li Yushi, Lu Huai's charges were lighter. After all, these people only participated in the reduction of shipbuilding subsidies.
  But even so, Emperor Jingkang didn't intend to be lenient, and immediately ordered Lu Huai and other officials to be dismissed from their official positions, and all of them were sent back to their places of origin.
  To be honest, Lin Yuanqiu actually had suspicions about Emperor Jing Kang's operations. I always feel that this is probably the art of the emperor, and Lin Yuanqiu is sure that the Holy Emperor should have a suitable candidate for the prince in mind, and what he is doing now is probably to clear the obstacles for his "successor".
  As for who the obstacle is, of course it won't be the princes. Lin Yuanqiu felt that in Emperor Jingkang's heart, he was afraid that only those ministers who were eager to follow the dragon's merits and lead the prince into mischief were the ones.

  I thought that after seeing the fate of Li Yushi, He Shangshu, and Lu Huai, the undercurrent in the court would be restrained.
  Little did he know that a few days later, another courtier proposed the idea of ​​establishing a prince. And just like last time, Emperor Jingkang had not expressed his position yet, and these people began to quarrel over whether to establish a direct descendant, an elder, or a virtuous person.
  The reason why there is such a controversy is because when the late emperor was established as the prince, he did not take advantage of his direct descendants or elders.
  As for Emperor Jingkang, like the previous emperor, he was neither his direct descendant nor his eldest son.
  Therefore, in the hearts of the courtiers, as long as he is a prince, he has the possibility of becoming a great treasure.
  In Lin Yuanqiu's view, having more sons may not be a good thing under certain circumstances, such as the royal family.
  In the royal family, prosperity is a double-edged sword, with both advantages and disadvantages. Thinking on the bright side, the bloodline of the same surname can flourish. The disadvantages are also obvious, such as the Disaster of the Seven Kings, the Rebellion of the Eight Kings, and the succession of the nine sons during the Kangxi period, all caused by coveting the throne.
  And Emperor Jingkang had a total of twelve adult and minor princes. It is expected that the court would not be stable for a while until the next one aspired to the throne.

  Finally, the courtiers who insisted on their opinions and quarreled endlessly were kicked out of the Jinluan Palace by Emperor Jingkang.
  Lin Yuanqiu did not keep an eye on this matter like other colleagues. He had already reached the stage of carefully copying the fourth volume of the Great Scenery Chronicles, so he had no time to pay attention to it.
  But at noon on the second day, Eunuch Jiang came to summon him to the palace again. Lin Yuanqiu didn't waste much time, carefully put half of the copied notes into the drawer, and then followed Eunuch Jiang to the palace.
  It was already extremely cold in the middle of the twelfth lunar month. Especially when riding on horseback, the cold wind blowing in front of him was like an ice knife, making Lin Yuanqiu couldn't help but tighten his collar and cuffs. There was also his own hand. Lin Yuanqiu looked at the back of his hand which was red from the cold. After he planned to go home tonight, he drew a pattern so that Yurou could make him a pair of cotton gloves.
  It's funny to say that after passing the self-study examination for Jinshi and no longer having to study with books every day, Lin Yuanqiu, who suffered from chilblains almost every year, has not suffered from chilblains for two consecutive winters. Even if my hands were cold and red while riding up and down on horseback these past few days, it was nothing.
  From this point of view, the ten-year cold window is really "cold".
  The car and the horse quickly arrived at the gate of the palace. Lin Yuanqiu quickly took "Hongdou" to the horse racing track and tied it up. Then the guard at the gate took a magnet and sucked him all over his body before he was let into the palace.
  Lin Yuanqiu found that the magnet was much larger this time, but after thinking about it for a moment, he understood the reason. Everyone's clothes are thick in winter, so if you don't change to a larger magnet, it won't be able to detect blades at all.
  In fact, after searching these, it is definitely more convenient to start directly than to use a magnet. I think I didn't do this out of humane considerations. After all, there is no contact when using a magnet, so people will not feel a sense of loss of dignity, but directly It's like treating a prisoner.
  After listening to the anecdotes about Shenzong written by Lin Xiu, Emperor Jingkang became interested in this kind of classics and history. Therefore, the content of today's lectures is still "yuanyu".
  As for Lin Yuanqiu, he also made preparations after returning that day, just to prevent the Holy One from wanting to hear such scriptures again.
  So he made preparations and quickly talked about how during the Han and Wei dynasties, barbarians lived together causing chaos.
  Since the Han and Wei dynasties, when people from the Xiongnu, Xianbei and other tribes came to surrender, the court would mostly place them in various counties within the Senei. During this period, a censor pointed out the inappropriateness of this approach and suggested that people should be concentrated in the border areas to prevent these barbarians from becoming a worry to the people and to avoid the coming and going of barbarians from all directions. Unfortunately, the emperor at that time did not listen. The opinions of the censor eventually led to the occurrence of the "Five Husbands".
  Emperor Jingkang listened carefully, his thoughtful eyes were sharp. Although his hair was gray, the majesty of the emperor was not reduced by half.
  Seeing this look in Lin Yuanqiu's eyes, the first thing that came to his mind was that the emperor's plan for establishing a prince must be perfect.
  ...
  This is the second year that the Lin family has been in the capital. After last year's winter, Wu has realized that the twelfth lunar month in the capital is definitely much colder than in the small mountain village.