96-100

Get it back.
  ...

Chapter 93 Linmi
  I thought that Uncle Zhou would definitely not be like his father, who would go all the way to move Linmi and other things home. Unexpectedly, they were even more ruthless. Not only did they have to transport every grain of rice back, they also had to transport white flour, pork, lamp oil and other such items.
  In Zhou Xing's words, he had a carriage coming from his house, so why not convert it into money? He might as well just take it all back.
  When the clerk heard this, he naturally had no objection. After settling the accounts clearly, he asked the servants to move things into the warehouse.
  Every month a scholar is born in a local village, he can receive one tael of silver, one stone of grain, one catty of lamp oil, five catties of pork, twenty catties of white flour, and ten catties of vegetable oil for the Chinese New Year.
  One stone of grain is one hundred and twenty kilograms, but this is the weight before shelling. If converted into rice, it is about eighty kilograms. After deducting the fifty kilograms of rations allocated to the school every month, it is equal to what Lin Yuanqiu paid today. There are three hundred and sixty kilograms of rice to receive.
  Zhou Zixu has less. He was a scholar in September, so he can only receive four months of subsidies.
  But even so, the rice received was more than 120 kilograms. Plus pork noodle oil, and, yes, two cans of lamp oil.
  Therefore, when the four of them got on the carriage and went home again, it could be said that they were carried home between cloth bags, clay pots, and pork.
  Seeing that their son was so crowded that it was difficult to turn around, Lin Sanzhu and Zhou Xingyi discussed it and decided to take turns sitting in the front with the coachman. In this way, the carriage was finally a little more spacious.
  It's just that they are more comfortable, but it is Lin Yuanqiu and Zhou Zixu's turn to worry again. The wind in the front of the car is not ordinary cold. The coachman has a special driving cloak, but their father wears it. How can cotton-padded jackets to keep out the cold withstand the cold? So it’s better to stop taking turns and sit back in the carriage. Everyone is crowded together, it’s better than freezing to the wind.
  The son was filial, and the two fathers grinned almost to the top of their ears.
  Looking at their two stupid dads who were laughing so hard, Lin Yuanqiu and Zhou Zixu really couldn't understand. You said it would be great to convert food into money, so that you don't have to be crowded and cold on the way back.
  At this moment, Lin Yuanqiu and Zhou Zixu definitely couldn't understand the pride that their father felt in their own sons' promising sons.
  Especially Zhou Xing, this was the first time he came here to receive the subsidy from the government to his son. Seeing that this was both rice and white flour, I really wanted to beat gongs and drums to show off all the way back. How could I convert it into money that could only be carried in my pocket?
  Lin Sanzhu also had the same idea as Zhou Xing. It would be nice to pull the whole car back.
  So every time Gouzi persuaded him to convert it into silver, Lin Sanzhu would shake his head like a rattle.
  What are you afraid of if you have trouble? People can't afford trouble like this.
  In this way, there were five people in a car, plus some food. By the time they returned to Hengxi Town, it was almost the end of Youshi.
  The closing time of the city gate in winter is set at six o'clock in the morning, and carriages will definitely not be able to enter the city at this time.
  So the group went directly to Xiaogaoshan Village.
  ...
  With Lao San and his son in mind, Lao Lintou and Wu were not asleep yet, so when they heard the sound of horse hooves, they put on their coats and got off the kang. When they opened the door, they heard the sound of horseshoes. When the third son called at the door, the third daughter-in-law had already run to open the courtyard door.
  Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu also came out of the house quickly, followed by Zhou and Liu, and then Lin Yuanfeng and Lin Yuansong.
  As soon as they heard that their brother was back, Chunyan and Chuncao were also busy getting dressed and getting off the bed. The two sisters rushed into the courtyard quickly. They didn't even see anyone, but they were already shouting "brother, brother".
  The driver drove the carriage into the yard, and everyone worked together to unload everything on the carriage.
  When Zhou Zixu saw his father pointing to a small pile on the ground, and telling everyone with joy that this was also the scholarship grant given to his son by the government, he simply covered his face, Dad, you have to find the right person if you want to show off. Ah, actually showing off at Brother Lin's house, isn't this just showing off in front of Lu Ban's house?
  Lin Erzhu loaded a basket of soybeans over and went with the coachman to feed the horses in the woodshed.
  There is no stable at home, so I can only tie the horse in the woodshed tonight. Fortunately, there is ready-made straw in the woodshed, and the house is big enough, so the horse is comfortable in it.
  After a while, Mrs. Zhou, who went to the kitchen to cook supper, asked her two sisters-in-law to hurry up and bring them noodles. After traveling so long, I thought my nephew and the others were already hungry.
  Lin Yuanqiu was indeed a little hungry, including Zhou Zixu, so when they saw two fried pine-yellow poached eggs in the fragrant noodles, they both couldn't help but swallow.
  Lin Yuanqiu: My aunt’s craftsmanship is still as good as ever.
  Zhou Zixu: I guarantee you can eat one of these two poached eggs.
  ...
  After knowing that the little scholar had returned, the villagers waited at home for another two days before coming to the house with red paper to pray for Spring Festival couplets.