Epilogue 5

Chapter 234 Epilogue (5) (1/2)

Emperor Jingchang couldn't help but praise the beggars for their successful arrangement.

However, before the award was issued from his side, Yu Shi stood up from the morning queue and said, "Your Majesty, I have my own report."

The censor has always been responsible for supervising the unhealthy practices of officials, so as soon as Yu censor finished speaking, many officials in the hall quickly started thinking.

You haven't done anything illegal recently, right?

No one in the family goes out to cause trouble, right?

This old man Yu is a leech, so if he bites you, you will be in trouble.

After confirming that they were definitely not guilty, everyone breathed a sigh of relief and at the same time involuntarily pricked up their ears, wanting to hear which unlucky guy was going to be involved today.

Emperor Jingchang raised his hand and signaled Yu Shiyou to come.

Shilang Ding and Shilang Zhang glanced at Lin Yuanqiu in front of them imperceptibly, and the corners of their mouths curved involuntarily.

During the lunch break a few days ago, Ding and Zhang deliberately chatted about Sibaozhai's calligraphy and paintings in the teahouse next door where Yu Yushi often went, and emphasized that they saw Lin Shangshu's father bring paintings to Sibaozhai several times. What's more, the writing method of "book" on several paintings in the shop is actually similar to that of Lin Shangshu.

They all say that they should be obedient. Although Minister Ding and Minister Zhang had doubts in their words, Yu Yushi could still clearly hear their firm tone.

This is to say that Lin Yuanqiu, the Minister of Household Affairs, was also engaged in business and secretly instructed his family to take his paintings for profit.

How can this be done? Officials from North Korea and China cannot get involved in business. This is the basic rule of being an official. It also prevents officials from taking advantage of their power to make huge profits.

As the censor with the responsibility of supervision, Yu Chengzhi naturally wanted to report this matter to the Holy Emperor.

It's just that the words of Ding Shilang and Zhang Shilang need to be verified. After all, everyone knows that they were sent to Chazipo by Lin Shangshu in the first half of the year. There is no guarantee that these two people are angry and deliberately smearing Master Lin.

Thinking like this, Yu Yushi secretly conducted an investigation. In fact, it is not difficult to investigate this matter. He does not have many hobbies. When he is not on duty, he likes to go to the calligraphy and painting shops on Miaoqian Street and Qingyu Street. It can be said that I like Jiao Jiao in paintings.

Therefore, under Yu Shi's attention, he soon saw Lin Sanzhu entering Sibaozhai carrying a calligraphy and painting tube.

After waiting for others to leave, Yu Chengzhi entered Sibaozhai with his hind legs.

Shopkeeper Zhu knew Yu Yushi, so he naturally did not dare to hide anything from people's questions. Besides, his shop was already engaged in collecting and selling paintings, but for his own business, shopkeeper Zhu only mentioned Lin Sanzhu. He was here to sell paintings, but he didn't show the paintings to Yu Shi.

How could Yu Shi care about this? He was the most upright person. After confirming that the Minister of the Ministry of Revenue was indeed selling paintings privately, he immediately became so angry that he went home to write a memorial without looking back.