There were many impassioned and insightful people among the people watching. Seeing such a scene where the emperor, the saints and the people were at peace, they immediately knelt down in front of the palace gate and said, "My great Jing Dynasty will last forever, long live the emperor!"

Upon hearing this, the people present felt their hearts surge with excitement, and they all knelt down and shouted: "Long live the Emperor!"

Xiao Guizi learned everything that happened outside the palace gate to Emperor Jingchang.

Listen, especially the part where the people chanted "The king is safe and the people are safe for generations to come."

As a king who had just received his destiny, Emperor Jingchang must be lying if he said he was not proud of being recognized and supported by the people under his rule.

Emperor Jingchang remembered what his father once said to him, "The ministers are virtuous and the monarch is saint." His father said that only when ministers are virtuous can the monarch be sage. Similarly, only when the monarch and his ministers are in harmony can the politics be clear.

And Shangshu Lin is the virtuous man by his side. Just like what happened today, it is precisely because of Shangshu Lin's original suggestions that he can make a resettlement policy that wins the hearts of the people.

Gentlemen are harmonious but different; villains are harmonious but not harmonious. Emperor Jingchang most appreciated Lin Yuanqiu's unique wisdom and his way of doing things that he never blindly agreed with. For an emperor, such ministers are rare.

When the new emperor came to the throne, although he did not change the past, many officials were dismissed due to the previous attempts by the eldest prince and the second prince to usurp the throne. It can be said that the court is short of manpower now, especially those who are talented and loyal. man of.

Emperor Jingchang could understand why his father left the promotion of Lin Yuanqiu to him. He probably wanted to leave the support to himself so that in the future, the monarch and his ministers could get along well with each other and manage the government more easily.

Emperor Jingchang was a little tearful. His father had good intentions for the sake of the country and the country of Jing Dynasty. Therefore, I must keep in mind my father's teachings, work hard to govern, and not neglect government affairs, so that the great scenery will be consolidated for generations to come.

...

On the second day, Lin Yuanqiu began the detailed layout of the resettlement village.

Just like in Dinghu County, land planning was done first. Lin Yuanqiu had people measure the land for building houses, and the selected plots were all bare and relatively barren. As for the slightly fertile areas covered with weeds, Lin Yuanqiu planned to reserve them for growing grain.

Chapter 233 Epilogue (4) (2/2)

The imperial examination path for poor families Little sweet-scented osmanthus grandma 3010 words 1 month ago

In Lin Yuanqiu's words, food and housing are the most important thing in life. Now that a stable residence has been solved, the next step is the problem of food rations, and the most direct way to obtain food is to own your own land.

There are more than 100 acres of wasteland and barren hills in Chazipo. As long as the beggars are willing to put in the effort to cultivate it, it will definitely not be a problem to fill their stomachs in the future.

According to the land decree of the Great Jing Dynasty, for any land that was reclaimed, the yamen would not only register the land in the name of the land developer, but also enjoy the preferential treatment of being exempted from paying grain taxes for three years. Everyone knows the principle of "ploughing the land to eat". After receiving the land reclamation order, the beggars were as excited as if they had been given blood. They immediately went to the city to buy tools for reclaiming the land, including hoes, sickles, and bamboo crawlers. .