Chapter 23 - Knowing

It was the day of Gryffindors quidditch trials, Hermione and I went to watch and support the boys; and Ginny of course.

"Why him, out of all people?" Hermione asked me, her attention still on the trials.

"He has treated me well since the moment I step foot in Hogwarts, he isn't as bad as he is made out to be." I sighed.

"How about how he treats everyone else, he treats muggleborns like they are under him." She went on.

"He was raised like that Hermione, you've met his father, besides he doesn't really harass anyone these days."

"Ok, but what if Harry is right, what if he is a death eater- he could hurt you-" That was when I had had enough.

"Hermione I am going to say this once only, I do not care, I love him and I always will - death eater or not. For all we know he could be getting forced to do it. We were together for over a year and he didn't do anything except make me happy. I love him and I do not intend to stop anytime soon." I got up storming off once again. I meant every word I said to her, obviously I didn't want him to be a death eater but I can't stop loving him.

By the time I got back to the common room I was so fueled with angry my eyes were letting tears out. I entered the common room and saw Luna on the couch a Quibbler in her hand. I laid down beside her my head resting on her lap, she is all i have left now.

"I'm sorry about Draco, I know he meant a lot to you." She spoke softly.

"It's okay, I just don't understand why he did it- he said he loved me but he didn't want to drag me into something."

"Lilla, if he still loves you he will find his way back." She said playing with my hair.

***

It was now few weeks before Christmas. The past few months had been normal, classes and studying; yet now it's alone. I wish I knew what he was pro texting me from yet he had recently mastered occulmency meaning I now couldn't get into his mind whenever I felt.

I was sat at my desk when an owl flew up to my window. It was from my new potions professor; it was an invitation to a dinner party. How delightful, socialising.

"Lilla, are you coming to dinner?" Cho asked heading for the door.

"Oh yea." I hoped up walking with her to the Great hall. I sat at dinner facing the Slytherin table, my eyes glued to him. He looked almost lifeless staring down at the table with no food in front of him; it brought back memorises - I remembered that feeling.

"Legitimens."

"You must kill Albus Dumbledore Draco."

"Yes, m-my Lord." The boy stuttered.

"If you do not succeed you can watch your parents die before your very eyes, then you, yourself will die tooh."

What had I just seen?

I got up quickly running out of the great hall, many eyes turned to watch the sudden movement but I didn't care, I needed to go and process. I ran through the halls not exactly knowing where I was going.

When I finally stop I was on the seventh floor, I was in front of the room of requirement. The door appeared and I entered. The room was small with just a couch on the centre, some books on a shelf and a small lamp; the room was quiet and cozy, exactly what I needed.

I stayed in there for hours. Eventually I decided I had to go back to my dorm. The castle was extremely dark meaning it was definitely past curfew, I walked through the halls a quietly as I could trying to to disturb any of the paintings.

I heard what I assumed to be a prefect walking through the walls so I began walking faster away trying not to get caught. But it was too late, they had seen me.

"Lilla?" The blonde boy questioned me. I turned to see him looking down at me.

"Oh hi." I answered nervously.

"What are you doing out of bed, you could get in trouble." He stated.

"Uh.. I was in the room of requirement, lost track of time I guess."

"That's why I couldn't get in." He mumbled lowly. The conversation ended there and I rushed back to my dorm.

I laid on my bed struggling to sleep once again. Why was he trying to get into the room of requirement? The calm of the room had one left me and the thought of Draco having to kill to protect himself and his family pained me.

Deep down I knew he wouldn't do it but I knew he loved his mother and love is a force not to be tainted with. A single tear ran down my cheek before I fell asleep.