Chapter 9 - Closer

It was Christmas meaning it was the evening of the Yule Ball.
I was excited, I loved dressing up and dancing. I got ready with Luna and Cho along with a couple other girls from my dorm.

I wore an elegant baby blue ball gown. It was off the shoulder with a sweetheart neckline. It had a range of beautiful blue flowers covering the bodice fading out over my waist.
The bodice of the dress had a built in corset, the skirt connected to it with large pleats going down the length of the dress. I had my hair in a classic ballet bun, even with all of this I felt something was missing; I felt bare. I looked to my bedside table and knew what I needed. I quickly popped the necklace Draco had given me around my neck and I was ready.

Cho had already left because she had to open the ball with Cedric but Luna waited for me, I had planned to go in late so everyone was already distracted at there wasn't as much attention on me.

"Lilla you look beautiful." Luna commented making me blush slightly.

"Thank you, are you ready?"

"Yea, let's go." She replied. We made our way into the great hall all eyes were still on the champions dancing with their dates. As much as I love my dear friend Harry, he was a horrid dancer. Luna and I weaves our way through the crowd until we came across Leo.

"Lilla, I haven't seen you so dressed up in a while, you look great." He brother exclaimed hugging me tightly- little did we know it would be the last time he would see me dressed up like this.

"Thank you Leo, you look half okay."  I replied sarcastically.

"Have you got a date?"

"Nope."

"Well I better keep an eye on you then, don't want boys all over you." He laughed yet being completely serious.

"I can handle myself Leo." I said walking off to go see Hermione

Hermione and I spoke for a while before she went to dance once again and I was dragged onto the dance floor by my brother insisting that he had to dance with me.

As I danced with Leo I felt so happy, like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. My parents' death had taken a toll on my and I had finally come to terms with it all. After the song had finished Leo and I left the floor, he went to catch up with some friends and I left the great hall and went for a walk, I was exhausted and just needed a break.

I walked for a good 5 minutes before I came to a halt. I had lost track of where I was, before I could think the wall in front of my starting rumbling turning into two big doors. I entered the room realising that this was the Room of Requirement. It was equipped with a range of cozy couches. I instantly flopped down on one, kicking off my heals.

I laid in silence looking at the ceiling just enjoying the peace until I heard the wall rumbling into a door once again. The doors opened revealing a familiar figure.

"Draco?" I questioned.

"Lilla." He responded.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Got bored, went for a walk. You?"

"Bout the same." I said finally standing up getting a good look at him. His tall, skinny figure dressed in a white tux covered my black dress robes. He looked quite handsome.

"You look amazing Lilla, too bad I can't dance with you." I looked at him puzzled.

"And why can't you dance with me?"

"First, your brother would kill me, second we're in a room full of couches and third, no one knows that we are friends if they see us dance together there are going to be rumours."

"Who care about my brother and this is the room of requirement, it is equipped  with what we need." In a second the room around us starting spinning, once it finally stopped we were in a beautiful ballroom.

"I'm beginning to like this room." Draco stated offering his hand out to me. The music started playing, he laid his hand on my waist leading me into the centre of the room. We stared dancing to the music, he lead quite well keeping us in time. As the music came to a slow  he spun me one last time when is faced him again we were closer than we had ever been before, our noses millimetres from one another.

He grabbed my hand and led me over to a couch that was along the side of the room. We sat down and spoke for what felt like hours like we usually do, yet this time we are all dressed up in a ballroom instead of studying in a library. Sometime later we got onto the topic of legilimency.

Draco's POV

"How often do you use it?" I questioned.

"Not often I haven't used very much maybe like 10 times." 

"Have you ever used it on me." I was curious.

"Once." At first I was fine with it until I remembered, I almost am always thinking about her, does she know?

"When?" I was invested now.

"That's night you took me on your broom." She replied quite simply.

"Oh." I said, we both knew what I was thinking that night.

"So I'm assuming you know." I asked worryingly.

"I didn't hear a name but I guessed it."  I looked down at the floor, I could feel myself blushing.

"So it is me." She asked curiously.

"Of course it's you, who else would it be." I replied implying it was obvious.

"I don't know, maybe some Slytherin girl." She said with doubt in her voice.

She looked up from her knees and our eyes met, I couldn't stop myself now. I cupped her face and pulled it closer to me, I kissed her. I had been wanting this for months, and now I finally have it. I've been casually flirting with her yet she still so oblivious. 

I pulled away, still cupping her face looking her in the eyes, she hadn't moved she was shocked.