Chapter 21 - Goodbye

Lilla's POV

I enter the carriage that Harry, Ron and Hermione are in and it seems they are in a deep conversation.

"Don't you see? It was a ceremony- an initiation." Harry's says seriously. I sit down beside him confused.

"Stop it Harry, I know where you're going with this." Hermione urged him.

"It's happened; he's one of them." Harry stated.

"One of what?" Ron and I asked in unison. Hermione sighed.

"Harry is under the impression that Draco Malfoy is now a death eater." She told us.

"WHAT?" I replied defensively. Hermione seemed to notice that by the look she shot me.

"You're barking." Ron told Harry. The conversation continued but I wasn't paying attention, if Draco was a death eater he didn't do it by choice, right?

***

That night I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling, a million questions running through my head; all about Draco. I had briefly seen him at dinner, although he looked different. He had matured yet he looked so sickly.

He was taller and his figure was more masculine than the previous year. His skin looked pale, his eyes were now a pale grey instead of there usual silver. I was concerned for him, obviously his father going to Azkaban had a toll on him, atleast that's what I hope this is about.

As I was drifting off to sleep I saw an owl land at my window. It was Draco's. I hopped out of bed grabbing the letter off its leg.

Black lake.

I quickly transformed into my animagi form, so I could just fly down without getting caught for being out of bed. I flew down to the black lake where he was waiting for me in our usual spot under the tree.

I stopped a few meters before i reached him transforming back. I walked down to the shore where he was sat.

"Hey." I said sitting down beside him.

"I've missed you Lilla."

"I missed you too."

"I got you a little something." He said handing me a white box wrapped in a navy ribbon.

"You didn't have to."

"Trust me, I did." I opened the box revealing to matching rings. They both had a muted gold as a base, the larger one had a beautiful green gem around the whole thing. The smaller one has a thinner band coated in small diamonds. The front of the ring there was a teardrop shaped matching green gem with an outline of diamond around it. They were gorgeous, not to mention expensive.

"Draco, I-I don't know what to say."

"They're promise rings." He stated slipping mine onto my left ring finger then doing the same with his.

"I know you're not going to like what I'm about to say but please Lilla, I'm doing this for you." He said a single year fell from his eye.

"There is a lot going on and I can't commit to you in the way you deserve, at least not right now."

"Lilla I love you and I always will but I can't be the reason you are dragged into this." He stood up offering me his hand. He helped me up, we were both in tears at this point.

"I love you too Draco." His eyes lit up for a second, I don't think he was expecting me to say it back.

He put one of his arms around my waist pulling me close, the other hand was on the back on my head keeping me close to him. He crashed his lips into mine. The kiss was so rough yet so gentle; it was full of love, desire and need. He eventually pulled away breaking the kiss, both of us breathless. He pulled me into a tight hug.

"This isn't the end Lilla, it's just the beginning." He said then walked away.

He left me there I was confused yet I knew exactly what he meant. I looked down at my ring, a constant reminder of him. We were no longer together but he had promised that we were going to be together, I was his and he was mine; Merlin knows when that's going to happen but atleast I knew he still wanted me.

I flew back into my dorm, transforming back into my human state before climbing back into bed. I must've made some sort of noise because I heard Cho stir.

"Oh Lilla there you are, where did you go?" She questioned me.

"Sorry, I was out with Draco."

"How did that go?" She asked curiously

"It was good and bad."

"Meaning."

"We are done, but not completely."

"God you make no sense." She gave up rolling over and drifting back off to sleep.