Chapter 16 - Visitor

Blaise's POV

He did he would be back before curfew, it was now over an hour after. He better have a good excuse for this. I sat in front of the fire waiting like I had been for the past hour and finally I heard a sound. It was him, I turned to him with a stern face until I saw the state of him. He was covered in blood, hair messy and his eyes puffy from crying. What happened?

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"Not what happened to me, it's what happened to Lilla." He responded heading up to our dorm. I got up following him wanting more of an answer.

"Is she ok?"

"She will be." He grabbed some clothes and entered the bathroom to shower. He came out soon after and looked at me with guilt in his eyes.

"She tried to kill herself." Was all he said.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be it's not your fault; it's mine."

"How is this any of your fault."

"I failed to see the signs; I've failed as her boyfriend." He sighed.

"Don't blame yourself, please."

"I'm staying with her tonight; in the hospital wing." He answered me.

***

I sat by her side holding her hand and rambling on about nothing for the next few hours until I fell asleep holding her hand in mine.

"Mr. Malfoy?" Madam Pomfrey woke me. I looked up at her, she looked a lot calmer than she did last night.

"How is she?" I asked turning my attention to Lilla.

"She lost a lot of blood and she has some minor infection from the burns but she will be fine, she will be here for the next week or so."

"Thank you." She nodded acknowledging my thanks.

"Her cousin should be here soon."

"Does anyone else know?"

"No, Dumbledore has put a restriction on visitors, only you and Ms. Lovegood may visit due to the severity of her condition."

I sat by her side overthinking everything until Luna came in.

"What happened?" She said walking through the curtains taking a seat across from me.

"Look at her neck." She looked the large scar across the top of Lilla's neck, her face dropped.

"She did that?" She asked almost not believing it. I looked at her knowingly. Luna and I spoke for a while until it was time for class.

"Goodbye sweetheart, see you soon." I said kissing her forehead.

***

Luna's POV

I walked to lunch knowing what I was about to be faced with.

"Luna, Luna, where's Lilla she wasn't on defence against the dark arts, is she ok?" Hermione questioned running towards me.

"She is in the hospital wing, she will be fine."

"Huh, the hospital wing what happened?" She asked

"She has been harming herself, it's gotten out of hand."

"WHAT."

"I want to see her." Hermione spoke

"I think there are restrictions on visitors right now, I don't exactly know."

"It's fine, I will get the boys and go see Madam Pomfrey."

Hermione's POV

Walking back to the Gryffindor table I felt nothing but guilt, I should've said something earlier, why did I wait? I could have prevented this.

The boys and I went up to the hospital wing to attempt to visits Lilla. As we entered the wing we were great with Madam Pomfrey.

"Hello dears, how can I help?" She asked smiling at us all.

"Can we visit Lilla?" I questioned.

"I'm sorry she is in a serious condition; family only- Dumbledore's orders." My face fell, I just wanted to see her. We turned walking out the door when someone shoved pass us. Malfoy. What was he doing in the hospital wing? Weird.

***

Draco's POV

I entered the hospital wing and went to sit by Lilla like I have been for the past 4 days, but today was different. I walked through the curtains Lilla looked at me; she was conscious. My eyes start tearing up with joy as I ran to her side. I cupped her face bringing it to mine kissing her with passion and longing.

"You're awake." I said sitting next to her on the bed.

"I am, Madam Pomfrey told me what happened. I'm sorry you had to see that." She said avoiding eye contact.

"I'm just glad you are ok, please don't scare me like that again sweetheart."

I sat there for the rest of lunch holding her hand, just talking to her. God I missed this.

I left for class yet was stopped by Madam Pomfrey before I reached the exit.

"Mr. Malfoy." I turned back to look at her.

"I am just letting you know Ms. Lovegood is getting sent home tomorrow, Dumbledore thinks it will be best for her." She said softly. I nodded, as much as I would miss her she needed it.