"6"

Noticing her tired face .. she decided to take it as a day off and call in sick, as she stared at her reflection in the mirror, she barely recognized the weary face staring back at her.. days of not eating well due to the fact that everything she has may be broken into pieces...  she picked up her phone and dialed the number for her modeling agency. Her heart pounded in her chest as she waited for someone to pick up, rehearsing her excuse in her mind
"Hello?" came the voice on the other end of the line.
Ave took a deep breath, steeling herself for what she was about to say. "Hi, it's Avery. I... I'm not feeling well today. I think i need to have the day off "- she said , There was a brief pause on the other end of the line, and ave held her breath, waiting for a response. To her relief, the voice on the other end was understanding , she ended the call soon after thanking the man.

She heard the bell ringing so she assumed it was the room service but oh how wrong she was ... her ex got inside by force andsaid with a voice dripping with a mixture of desperation and anger. "We need to talk "- looking up seeing him made her freez.. in her spot  ,
"Davis , how did you–" she began, her voice trembling with a mixture of fear and disbelief
But he cut her off, his voice low  "We need to talk," he repeated, his tone leaving no room for argument. his eyes burning with a dangerous intensity. "You can't just ignore me, rosie," he said, his voice dripping with desperation. Summoning all her courage, she took a step forward, her voice steady despite the fear coursing through her veins. "Dave, I think it's best if you leave ,i have a boyfriend so stop it .. please " she said firmly, her eyes locking with his showing him that she's not interested to be with him agin but what he did next made her blood boil.. he forcefully kissed her .
Just as panic threatened to overwhelm her, a strong hand gripped Dave's shoulder, pulling him away with surprising force. She gasped for breath as she stumbled backward, her eyes wide with shock.
"Liam!" she exclaimed, relief flooding through her as she saw her friend come to her rescue. She clung to him, grateful to be his friend tears fell from her eyes as she sobbed still shaken up .

Dave's expression twisted into a sneer as he glared at Liam, his anger simmering just beneath the surface. "Are you okay?" Liam asked, his voice filled with concern as he checked on her
Avery nodded, her heart still pounding in her chest. "Thank you, Liam," she whispered, her voice shaky with emotion
But Dave's taunts cut through the moment like a knife, his words dripping with hate. "Oh, it's the little Liam," he sneered, his gaze flicking between them "Always playing the hero, aren't you?" -Liam's jaw clenched with anger, but he remained calm, refusing to give Dave the satisfaction of a reaction. Instead, he focused on avery, his eyes soft with concern.
"Let's get you out of here," he said gently, guiding her toward the door.

As they stepped out into the cool night air, Avery felt a sense of gratitude wash over her.minutes later the police had arrived after getting called by liam and they arrested davis .. Avery watched with a mix of satisfaction and apprehension as the Italian police officers approached, their expressions grim as they assessed the situation. Liam stood beside her, his stance protective as he recounted the events that had transpired still keeping avery close to him .

With a swift and decisive motion, the officers apprehended Davis, his protests drowned out by the clink of handcuffs. Avery's heart raced as she watched him being led away, knowing that she was finally free from him, As the police car pulled away into the night, taking Davis with it, Avery let out a long exhale, the tension draining from her body. She turned to Liam, gratitude shining in her eyes.
"Thank you, Liam," she said softly, her voice trembling with emotion. "I don't know what I would have done without you"- she said as soft tears fell
Liam smiled, his eyes warm with reassurance gently wiping the tears away . "You don't have to thank me, Avery. I'll always be here for you," he replied, his words a silent promise to her.