"Sure," Annabeth nodded in agreement. "Let's go."

.

.

.

Everyone was pretty miserable that night.

The four of them camped out in the woods, hundred yards from the main road, in a marshy clearing that local kids had obviously been using for parties. The ground was littered with flattened soda cans and fast-food wrappers.

They'd taken some food and blankets from Aunty Em's but didn't dare light a fire to dry their damp clothes. The Furies and Medusa had provided enough excitement for one day. And they didn't want to attract anything else. They decided to sleep in shifts. Percy volunteered to take first watch. Annabeth had curled up on the blankets and was snoring as soon as her head hit the ground. (Name) shortly after she changed her clothes.

Grover fluttered with his flying shoes to the lowest bough of a tree, put his back to the trunk, and stared at the night sky. Una was nearby, sticking around to keep watch too.

A sudden movement near (Name) had caught Percy's eye.

The demiwitch signaled to the perplexed onlookers to turn back to the screen with an upward tilt of her head.

It was a short figure that wore a grey dirty rag on his body. He had long floppy ears and thin body. The figure pulled the blanket wrapped around (Name) and he patted the girl's head.

Many were astounded by how gently the house elf handled the girl, gazing at the screen. But because most purebloods believe house elves are beneath them, they sneered disgustingly at the sight of the house elf stroking the girl's head.

Sirius had to force himself to refrain from saying something hurtful about Kreacher since he knew it would upset his daughter. In contrast, Percy pouted as he turned to face (Name), who was amusedly smiling back at him despite knowing what was going to happen next.

Once the figure noticed Percy eyeing him, he turned around, pulling out a kitchen knife pointing it directly to Percy.

"Jesus!" Percy yelped silently, not wanting to wake everyone up.

"Holy shit!"

"Fuck!"

The sight of the knife shocked and alarmed many, since it was very unexpected for them to have weapons.

"How the bloody hell does he have that!? Does he carry that everywhere he goes?" Sirius stared incredulously at the barmy elf that he hated.

"I guess you can say that?" When (Name) gave a sheepish shrug, everyone gave her a weird look. "He's always been protective of me, even as a little child. He would certainly like to have one with him, don't you think?"

Her statement made others understand where she was getting at. The only one who looked after her except Walburga was the house elf; the witch was callous, but he was more caring and protective.

"Keep your distance from Mistress (Name). You hear Kreacher, half-blood brat? Mistress may put faith in brat, but Kreacher will watch out for him," Kreacher glared at the boy before snapping his fingers, disappearing in a zap.

"So, this is what you meant by threaten..." Harry hummed. In their fourth year and beyond, Kreacher had only occasionally made ridicule at them; this was another thing entirely different from what he expected.

Percy was deadpanned and pouting at (Name), who was snickering behind her hands because she was chuckling at his unlucky situation.

Percy stared at the spot where the house-elf disappeared from in confusion and shock before he heard a small snort from Una and an uncomfortable groan from Grover.