12

Author's Note : hey hey! I'm back new chapter is up! Excited for sorting? Guess which house you would be in. Enjoy the drama and all in this bloody long chapter. Happy reading! Lol

The Sorting Hat

The door swung open at once

The door swung open at once. A tall, black-haired witch in emerald green robes stood there. She had a very stern face and Harry's first thought was that this was not someone to cross.

"Minnie!!" The marauders called out in happiness, seeing their favourite professor.

"Still looking dashing as ever, Minnie," Sirius smirked towards the Professor.

"Potter, Black, Lupin, Pettigrew. Please don't call me Minnie," McGonagall replied sternly.

"Of course," they said in unison, "Minnie..." with a contagious smile that the professor herself couldn't help but smile at them lightly.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," said Hagrid.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here."

She pulled the door wide open. The entrance hall was so big you could have fit the whole of the Dursley's house in it. The stone walls were lit with flaming torches like the ones at Gringotts, the ceiling was too high to make out, and a magnificent marble staircase facing them led to the upper floors.

They followed Professor McGonagall across the flagged stone floor. Harry could hear the drone of hundreds of voices from a doorway to the right. The rest of the school must have already been here, but Professor McGonagall showed the first years into a small empty chamber off the hall, they crowded in, standing rather closely together than they would have usually have done, peering about nervously.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your house. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your common room."

"The four houses are called Gryffindor,"

The Gryffindors burst into cheers and howls.

"Hufflepuff,"

The Hufflepuffs cheered and whistled loudly.

"Ravenclaw,"

The Ravenclaws cheered and claps.

"And Slytherin."

The Slytherins clapped their hands proudly with their heads raised up high with confidence.