20

TWO FACED PROFESSOR

Harry was walking down the stairs slowly

Harry was walking down the stairs slowly. Halfway down, he winced. Feeling his scar burning when he saw the professor. Shocking to him, it was Quirrell standing before the Mirror of Erised.

"WHATT?!?!"
Many exclaimed in shock.
"(Name) was right! I knew it!" Regulus said.
Those who believed that Snape was the one who wanted to steal the stone were stunned. Snape himself knew that he would be stupid enough to steal something for Voldemort even if he was a death eater himself, he would not re-alive him.

"You!" gasped Harry.

Quirrell smiled. His face wasn't twitching at all.
"Me," he said calmly. "I wondered whether I'd be meeting you here, Potter."
"But I thought -- Snape --"
"Severus?" Quirrell laughed, and it wasn't his usual quivering treble, either, but cold and sharp.
"Yes, Severus does seem the type, doesn't he? So useful to have him swooping around like an overgrown bat. Next to him, who would suspect p-p-poor, st-stuttering P-Professor Quirrell?"

"He faked his stutter!" Many growled in anger.

Harry couldn't take it in. This couldn't be true, it couldn't.
"But Snape tried to kill me!"
"No, no, no. I tried to kill you. Your friend Miss Granger accidentally knocked me over as she rushed to set fire to Snape at that Quidditch match. She broke my eye contact with you. Another few seconds and I'd have got you off that broom. I'd have managed it before then if Snape hadn't been muttering a counter curse, trying to save you."

The Potters, Sirius and Remus sneered in anger that the DADA professor wanted to hurt the Potter heir. Somehow they were grateful that Snape was the one who protected Harry after all this time.

"T-thank you, Snape," James stuttered out when Lily nudged him on his rib after she caught him staring at the greasy haired Slytherin. Many were surprised at what the Potter boy said.

"Yes, I'm really thankful for your help. Sev." Lily told Snape sincerely and softly smiled at her old friend which had made him even more stunned.

The boy could barely processed what just happened, but still nodded his head in response.

"Snape was trying to save me?"

"Of course," said Quirrell coolly. Quirrell snapped his fingers. Ropes sprang out of thin air and wrapped themselves tightly around Harry.

"It was a surprise that your other friend, Miss Black caught on quicker than that. I wanted to eliminate her quickly since she was hindering my plans, quite unfortunate you didn't listen to her warnings. It's a shame she failed to fall for any of my traps. She's more smarter than I expected," Quirrell clicked his tongue.

"Traps?? What traps!" Sirius growled out. Regulus scowled at the thought that his niece was targeted too, but was proud that she avoided it.

The Black family were sitting there in anger silently at the thought that their future heir were to be injured if she came across the professor alone.