Chapter 16

Clarke angrily glares at Lexa, who returns her stare fiercely and determinedly, but Clarke's gaze softens just a bit when she notices the brunette's now completely bare face. Her eyes are puffy and red-rimmed, and Clarke wasn't sure she had ever seen circles that dark around anyone's eyes.

"You cannot control my comings or goings", Clarke says in a clipped tone. "If you want to keep me from going wherever I choose, you will have to lock me in a cell."

"That is the best idea you've had in a long time", Lexa growls. "Now get back inside before I take you up on that and drag you down into the cellars."

Clarke huffs indignantly, already trying to conjure up ways to escape once again if Lexa does decide to lock her up.

"And don't think for a moment", Lexa goes on as if reading Clarke's thoughts, "that Raven hasn't told me about her lucrative past-time of lockpicking because she also happened to mention you know a thing or two about that, so get inside and get in the bed. I will be staying in your room with you."

Clarke's eyes shoot up towards the brunette's.

"Like hell you are!"

"This is not up for debate, Clarke. Don't worry, I will not be sharing your bed, I know it has seen a heavy flow of traffic recently. But I will be in this room with you."

At a loss for words, and knowing there is no point in resisting anyway, Clarke turns around and stomps back into her room, trying to close the door before Lexa has a chance to get inside, but Lexa manages to put her foot in the door, effectively preventing it from closing.

"Real mature, Clarke", Lexa snaps before shoving the door open again and pushing Clarke aside in the process, making her way inside the room.

Lexa doesn't waste a moment, sitting down on a chair by the table and starts pulling off her shoes. She doesn't even look up while saying, "Better get comfortable, Clarke, or this will be a long night."

The blonde glares at Lexa, who is obviously making herself at home, then she hangs her cloak again, takes off her own boots, letting both hit the floor with a loud thud, and disappears into the bathroom.

As soon as Clarke leaves the space the now barefooted brunette quickly moves to light some candles around the room. The moonlight shining through the windows disappeared every time a cloud covered the moon, so it was getting increasingly difficult to see.

Lexa had stood at the ready by Clarke's door to intercept the blonde, wearing her boots, a loose-fitting t-shirt, and a clean pair of skinny pants with some stretch in them. She had already taken off her face paint, brushed her teeth, and let her hair down, so removing her shoes was her only step to complete to get ready to sleep at this point.

If she were sleeping by herself in her own room, she would have either slept in the nude or she would have only worn the t-shirt, but in Clarke's company she thought better of it and kept the pants and shirt on.

Lexa looks around the room that looked so much like her own. Clarke's drawings and paintings were littering the walls and many of the available surfaces in the room. They were beautiful pieces of art, but pain was a theme that was clearly visible throughout.

The brunette sits down on the couch, her bed for the night, letting her eyes fall on the opened sketchbook. She picks it up and studies it carefully,

It takes her a second to recognize who is depicted in the unfinished rough sketch. It had been so long since she had seen the woman with the wild hair. Luna.

Before Lexa could even begin to analyze her feelings on Luna and on Clarke drawing her, the sketchbook gets snatched from her hands.

A fuming Clarke is now standing in front of her, the sketchbook clutched to her chest.