Chapter 3

The first thing Clarke notices when she wakes up is the sharp, burning pain in her shoulder, radiating outwards into the rest of her back. She slowly opens her eyes and reaches her uninjured arm backward, trying to feel the extent of her injury. The wound is covered in a sticky, grainy substance. Clarke pulls her hand back, holding it up to her nose. Medicine. It smells like the Grounder medicine she had seen being used whenever Trikru warriors were brought to Nyko or any of the other Grounder healers. Someone had tended to her wounds while she was unconscious, but who? Where was she?

It's not until that very moment that she started taking in her surroundings. She was lying in a large metal box of some sort. Sunlight creeping though the many holes that seemed to have rusted through the metal surface, none of which were large enough for Clarke to fit more than an arm or half a leg through. She then noticed the sound. Birds squawking. It didn't sound like the sound of the birds she had gotten used to while living in the forest by the Dropship, and then Arkadia. It sounded very different, much more... obnoxious. She also noticed that salty smell that she had slowly started growing accustomed to over the past two days.

Her arm shoots towards her belt next. Her knife, it's gone. She really shouldn't have expected anything less, but a sense of dread still came over her. If someone was going to lock her up, they would not have let her keep her only weapon, however small.

Clarke slowly lifted herself onto her feet, not wanting to get dizzy from getting up too quickly after losing the amount of blood she most likely had lost. She walked towards one of the bigger holes in the box and peeked out.

She startled back when instead of any view that may have clued her in on where she was at, she saw a pair of piercing brown eyes staring right back at her.

"Em ste stomba raun!", [She's awake!] she heard the person who those piercing eyes belonged to yell while they ran away. They sounded young.

"Hod op! Teik ai au!", [Wait! Let me out!] Clarke yelled after them.

Clarke runs to what seems like the door of the metal box and starts banging on it while yelling "Let me out! I mean you no harm! Beja! Let me out!".

A few moments later, a woman's voice on the other side of the door sounded, "Get back and we will open the door."

Clarke takes several steps backwards, moving deeper into the box once again.

The double door slowly creaks open, blinding Clarke with the amount of light that comes pouring in. All she can see is the outlines of three people, two tall figures, one on each side of a smaller figure with a large head of hair.

"Komba raun au, Wanheda.", [Come on out, Wanheda] the woman in the middle says. Her voice sounds soft, almost gentle.

Clarke slowly walks forward, still unable to see the faces of either of the three people standing there. Once she steps out of the box, Clarke blinks a few times, her eyes getting used to the bright light. Once her eyes grow accustomed to the bright sunlight, she peers around.

Water. There is so much water all around her, no matter the direction she looks. Something at the back of her mind is telling Clarke she should know where she is. She had heard stories about a place like this.

Her eyes finally meet the eyes of the woman who greeted her as Wanheda. The woman who seemed to be in charge of this place, wherever it was. She has wild, brown hair, a strong jawline, nice cheekbones, and brown eyes. "She is quite beautiful", Clarke thinks to herself. "Beautiful and... oddly familiar..."

Then, all the pieces fall into place. "Luna kom Floukru", Clarke says.

Luna looks a bit taken aback at Clarke's recognition, but if it bothers her, she doesn't let it show.