Chapter 14

A/N: Hi folks, thank you so much for reading this story! It means a lot that this is where you have been choosing to waste your time!

Quick question; would you prefer getting two or more chapters at once as soon as I write them, or would you rather I save chapters for when I don't have the time to write anything so you don't have to wait as long?

Now back to our regularly scheduled drama.

--

Clarke rushes out of the room, only limping slightly with the new brace around her ankle.

She impatiently waits for the elevator to reach her floor, cursing at the lack of stairs in the tall building. She needed to get out of this tower, the air around her feeling heavy after her conversation with her mother. First she would have to freshen up and get rid of those clumsy crutches now that she no longer required them though.

As the elevator doors open, somebody is already standing in the middle of it, stoic as ever.

The corners of Lexa's mouth curl up ever so slightly when she sees the beautiful blonde right outside the doors, but her smile falters immediately when she catches a glimpse of her tear-streaked face before the blonde rushes into the elevator and turns her back towards the brunette.

"Clarke, what's wrong?", Lexa says, her voice unusually soft. She reaches out her hand and lays it on Clarke's upper arm gently. She can feel Clarke's body shaking under her hand and opens her mouth again to ask the same question when Clarke spins around swiftly, effectively knocking Lexa's hand off her arm.

The blonde pushes the brunette up against the back wall of the elevator, one arm across her chest right below her throat, grabbing the collar of the brunette's shirt tightly with the other hand, while the doors slowly close behind her.

And again, Lexa lets Clarke overpower her without a fight even though she could have easily stopped the blonde in her tracks.

"Do not think for a second that because I fucked you last night, that gives you permission to know about my personal life or to put your hands anywhere near me", the blonde hisses dangerously.

Stunned, the Commander stands there, back pressed against the wall, her eyes flickering from the blonde's left eye to the right and down to her lips.

The elevator dings and when the doors slide open slowly, Clarke rushes out before they are fully opened, yet again leaving a dumbfounded, but concerned Heda in her wake.

--

After washing the salty tears off her cheeks and slinging on her warm cloak, Clarke finds herself in the tavern again, ready to forget about the day.

The walk with the brace wasn't much faster than it had been with crutches, limp and all, but it had been much more comfortable and she now had two free hands to carry her own drinks, an ability which she eagerly made use of. Her new brace also meant she could take those two cups of mead onto the already crowded dancefloor.

It didn't take Clarke long to chug her first drink and down half of the second as well. It also didn't take long for some of the locals to start dancing close to the beautiful blonde. The heat caused by the dancing and the bodies pressed up against her and the speed at which she had downed her drinks caused the alcohol to get to her head quicker than it usually would have, so Clarke was soon feeling both the buzz and the thumping sounds of the loud bass all throughout her body.

Wanting to maintain that buzz, Clarke makes her way over to the bar as soon as she finishes her second drink. Niylah is standing behind the bar, switching from washing glasses to pouring drinks for customers, but she smiles at Clarke as soon as she notices her.