One Shot

*You can find this over in my ABC One-Shot book as well*

Demi POV

This evening has taken an incredibly strange turn, that I can't exactly say I'm comfortable with.

"We are not having this conversation," I insist, pushing myself up from where I was laying on the couch with my head in Chris' lap.

We arrived in LA earlier today, having met with the wedding planner at the location of the ceremony while Chris is continuing to keep details of the reception a complete and utter surprise. It had been a long day and when he suggested a movie I thought that would be a great way to end the night while I could manage to slip off into some extra sleep as he enjoyed some downtime with a film.

But this? This was not on my BINGO card of conversations to end the year out with.

"Why not?" he chuckles, enjoying the dark shade of red that I'm positive covers my cheeks now.

"Because I said so," I toss the words out in my teacher voice. And if I wasn't hiding the fact that I'd been working on walking again I would certainly get up from the couch to place an even bigger period at the end of my sentence and this conversation. But, alas, that's a surprise I have to keep hidden for just a couple more days. "Mother Trucker," I mutter in agitation.

"You really want to leave right now, don't you?" he asks, his cute, but heart flutter inducing, smirk covering his lips.

"Yes," I answer, holding my hands out towards him. "And I really think you should help me."

"Fat chance." Instead of taking my hands in his to help me up on my good leg, he adjusts his body to lunge at mine, carefully of course, making me fall back onto the couch. He wraps his arms around my mid section, laying down right next to me. "Cahm on, Demi," he croons in his accent. "You can't tell me you don't have some kinks hidden away for safe keeping. I've seen your Kindle, baby."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I adamantly tell him. I'd cross my arms against my chest if it weren't for the fact that there isn't an inch or room between us. "I read fluff. Sweet, innocent, romantic fluff."

Chris narrows his bright blue eyes and I already know what's coming. "Since when is a book called The Sacrifice sweet, innocent or fluffy?"

"Actually, it's my favorite in the series and the couples story is quite romantic." When you get past most of the other parts, I think to myself because I won't go into much more detail as to why it's my favorite.

There are some things that are meant to go to the grave.

"I'm not buying what you're selling," that damn brow arch. "We could explore some," he offers, his hand rubbing up and down my back.

"Chris," my eyes search his own. "You know we're not doing anything til after the wedding. Are you not okay with that anymore?" I lean further into the back of the couch, waiting to see any sort of falter from our previous arrangement.

"Relax, baby. I know. And I don't necessarily mean now." His finger comes up to rub against the indention between my brows before kissing the crease away. "Lay back," he instructs.

I give him a menacing glare that would normally have a boy shaking in his boots, afraid that I'm going to email or call his mother. Then I'm quickly reminded that he's not an eight year old and this is not my classroom.

No, the boy in front of me is all man. All six foot, muscular man that makes my heart pitter patter with one look and my core warm with one gentle touch.