~115~

"I don't really care about what you think of this Megan."

  The rehearsal for the wedding was coming to a close, several people still milling around as Megan pulls Chris off to the side to discuss how the couple will be going public with the surprise wedding. 

  Megan releases an exacerbated sigh. "You're not seeing it completely, Chris. This post you're wanting to make tonight, isn't just breadcrumbs. If you tag her in it, it's over."

  "Let them speculate. While they're behind their keyboards trying to put the pieces together, we'll be saying our vows. No one is going to be able to put two and two together that quickly to figure out that we're out here, right now for our wedding." He thrusts her phone in her face, playing the video once more. "Can you tell me if that even looks like Demi?" 

  Megan moves her glasses further up her nose, eyeing the video carefully. "No, I suppose not."

  "There's nothing else anywhere on my page that shows her head on. And on her page, it's all images of the dog. I'm telling you, this is going to be fine. She trusts me to do this, you should too."

  She throws her hands in the air, palms up, knowing that he's going to do what he wants anyway. "I still think it's going to be career suicide with your fans."

  Chris looks her dead in the eye, as serious as he can be, "I don't care." He points across the chapel to where Dempsey is laughing with Sawyer and her sister. "That woman over there, she's all I care about. I love my fans, but I don't answer to them. I answer to Demi. That's it."

  "You're gonna do whatever you want to anyways." She slaps him on the arm a couple of times. "And on that note, I'll see you tomorrow for the ceremony."

  "Thank you," he tells her as she starts to walk away. "Hey, Megan!" She stops her departure and turns back to his voice. Chris meets her where she's at. "Everything else is still a go, right?"

  "Yes, it is."

  He gives her a wink before pulling her in for a hug. "Thank you."

  "It's what you pay me for," she answers with a smile. "I am happy for you, Chris. See you tomorrow."

  The couple decide to host an intimate dinner at Chris' home. People could come and go as they please between inside the home and the back patio that overlooks the valley below. 

  "You still owe me a trip to New York," Sawyer reminds Demi as she prepares to leave for the night. 

  Dempsey has a hard time hiding her smile as Chris comes to stand next to her. "What are you two talking about?" he asks the women.

  Sawyer playfully nudges Demi's wheelchair with her foot. "Just reminding this one that she owes me a trip to New York. I mean, I accompanied her out here and low and behold she met you. I'm ready for my fairy tale to start."

  Chris' brow furrows. "I thought you were still seeing that one guy."

  She rolls her eyes, tossing her purse over her shoulder. "He discovered that being with a teacher didn't really fit his lifestyle."

  "Which is code for he didn't want to work and just be a 'kept' man who wanted to play video games all day," Dempsey explains further. 

  Sawyer snaps her fingers and points at Demi, "Exactly."

  This time Chris has difficulty hiding a grin while exchanging a look with his bride to be. "Okay, why are you guys doing that? It's annoying."

  "Should I tell her now? Or surprise her tomorrow?" Dempsey asks, chewing on her bottom lip.