~112~

"Cars are here."

  Chris slowly turns towards his brother. "One of these days," he mutters to his brother as Dempsey wheels her way down the hall. 

  "Well, if you two would just get a room this wouldn't be an issue," Scott shrugs.

  "Got plenty of rooms. Got a whole f-" 

  Dempsey casts a glimpse over to Chris, warning him that if he chooses that particular word the fund will grow by fifty dollars. "Freaking house." She gives him a small smile and a nod. "Just an annoying little brother that likes to interrupt me and my girl any chance he gets."

  Scott leads the way to the foyer of the house, holding the door open for Dempsey. Chris takes residence behind the chair, helping push it for her. "Everybody already loaded up?" he asks his brother with curiosity. 

 He just gives him a nod and a thumbs up before locking the house behind them. When Chris turns the corner, Dempsey sees a limo and a large black SUV. "Yeah, no. We won't be outed at all tonight," she groans with sarcasm. "Real inconspicuous guys."

  The driver of the limo opens the door for Demi before giving the couple space for Chris to help her into the vehicle. Chris knew it would be easier for her to enter with her right leg so they'd open the left side of the car. Keeping her head ducked down she slips in, Chris helping her along the way.

  When Dempsey lifts her head she's taken completely by surprise as all of the women in Chris' family are in wigs that are the complete opposite of their natural color. "Oh my gosh! What is this?" she squeals in delight. 

  "Just an idea to put your mind at ease, Demi," Carly tells her. "The only problem now is that my husband wants me to dye my hair red when we get back home." 

  The group giggles as Dempsey just smiles back at the thoughtful group. She notices her mom, Conor and Sawyer all look normal. "Nobody knows who we are," Conor chimes in. "Not to mention, wigs itch!"

  "Be safe ladies," Chris tells everyone before looking at Dempsey. "Be good."

  "I make no promises," she says with a grin. "But you on the other hand."

   He raises a finger and makes a cross over his heart. "I promise." 

  "Alright, you two. Let's go!" Scott reaches over, grabbing Chris' shoulders to pull him back from the limo. "She loves you, he loves you. I love you all and I'm ready to party."  Without even allowing the couple to kiss goodbye he jerks Chris away and shoves the door shut. 

  Chris turns to eye his brother down. "Yeah. Do that again and I'm gonna bust ya head open like when we were kids."

  The group of women were able to go about their evening business without any issues. No one tried snapping photos of anyone and even when they passed by paparazzi that had camped outside of the restaurant there was no indication of Chris' family being recognized. 

  "Now, for the real fun!" Sawyer squeals as they return back to the limo. She gives a nod over to Carly who pulls a small gift bag out from behind the small bar area. Conor begins pouring a glass of champagne for each of them.

  "If you two have been in cahoots with one another then I'm really scared," Dempsey teases the group. She reaches out to accept the gift bag. Upon opening it she finds the typical Bride to Be sash and slips it over her head, along with the gaudy tiara. 

  "Keep going! There's one more item, down at the bottom," Conor calls out from next to Shana. 

  Puling out a couple of loose pieces of tissue paper until she spots an item that's been covered completely, wrapped in tissue paper. "Now, before you pull it out and open it. This will cover the something blue for the wedding."