~119~

Chris paces around the front entrance of the chapel, his black dress shoes scuffing along the sidewalk

Chris paces around the front entrance of the chapel, his black dress shoes scuffing along the sidewalk. "That was Carly," Scott tells him. "They're on their way now."

Chris nods, turning on his heel once more to start all over again. By the time he's back close to Scott, his brother is holding out a hand to grip his arm. "What's going on?" His brother shakes his head and continues to fiddle with the rings that sit in his pants pocket. "You're lying."

He chuckles, and normally his younger brother would be correct. But today, his nervous tics have nothing to do with actually being nervous. No, his pent up anxious feelings are strictly the fact that he's ready for Dempsey to become his wife, and four o'clock can't come soon enough. "I'm just ready," he assures Scott. "Promise."

  For the most part, the affair was going to be small. As such, Scott was Chris' best man while Ethan was the only groomsman. On Dempsey's side was her sister and Sawyer. No hard feelings were shared between other family members that weren't included, understanding of the couple's desire for small. Truth be told, they were just thrilled they didn't run off and elope completely while Demi was off visiting Chris overseas.

  The venue's wedding planner interrupts them, clearing her throat as to not startle them while they face away from her. "The harpist is here." 

  Chris claps his hands together, "Awesome. Another step down." He follows behind the planner into the chapel wanting to introduce himself to the woman that had been referred to him. "I can't thank you enough for doing this on short notice. I'm sure Christmas Eve is normally a busy time for you."

  The woman, Chris guess was in her late sixties, waved him off. "Not at all actually. Not too many company parties want a harpist when there's an open bar. Classy doesn't fit their plan for those types of shindigs."

  He motions to Ryan who's been sitting on the back pew to bring up the envelope of payment. Passing it over to her, letting her know that he included a tip for the holiday. With a kind smile and a small nod she continues her set up, Chris leaving the way he came.

  As he steps back out of the chapel he notices several familiar faces walking up the sidewalk, bring a confident smile to his face. "Back together again," Scarlett teases the group as they reach him.  He wraps one arm around her waist in a hug as he feels her husband clap him on the back.

Turning to his left he's met by Robert and his wife, Susan offering their greeting and congratulations. "Wasn't sure I'd ever see this day. You ready to settle down, Dorito?"

  "More than anything."  He was positive that truer words had never been spoken by him with the exception of how much he loves the woman that is about to have his last name.

  "Look at you, man!"

  "Lookin sharp, brother!"